Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I looking to buy a Titan. I found a 2006 SEKC 4x4 with 100k miles on it.
The carfax shows 2 owners. I've read here about the rear ends having problems not sure if it applies to the 2006 though.
What else should I look out for?

I'm going to check it out tomorrow, pictures look good and no mods appear to show.

Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
rear ends can be an issue in the 2006 model. Ask if it's been replaced or get the VIN and call the dealer. Other big thing to look for - leaking exhaust manifolds!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Too late! Was hoping to get some advice sooner. I bought the truck.
Looked at the rear diff didn't see any leakage. A 2008 would be out of my budget anyway, so I'll have to see how things go with this truck.

Seems like it was taken care of a few scratches and such in and out,no dents or body work done.

A couple things that are not right are, one TPS is missing on driverside rear. Can I just replace one and be done or does it have to be programed?

Also the A/C fan on high doesn't have a lot of wind speed, don't know if that is normal? The fan changes speed and sounds like it would blow a lot but the sound doesn't match the wind coming out.

I like the power the truck has seeing that I'm coming out of a 2007 DURAMAX.

The truck was always registered in FL so the under carriage looks good.
What happens to the exhaust manifolds? I don't hear any leaks.
If that becomes a problem would headers be a better choice for a replacement?

Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Take the 30 minutes and replace the rear diff fluid. You`ll need 2 quarts but it`s an easy fix. That way you know it`s new.

As for the AC fan correct me if I`m wrong but there is an extended warranty on those to 100000. Maybe you are outside that now but it`s worth a call.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
You'll actually need 3 quarts of rear end fluid. 75w140 synthetic. If you do it yourself it's difficult to empty the bottle due to lack of room to tip the bottle up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Take the 30 minutes and replace the rear diff fluid. You`ll need 2 quarts but it`s an easy fix. That way you know it`s new.

As for the AC fan correct me if I`m wrong but there is an extended warranty on those to 100000. Maybe you are outside that now but it`s worth a call.
You'll actually need 3 quarts of rear end fluid. 75w140 synthetic. If you do it yourself it's difficult to empty the bottle due to lack of room to tip the bottle up.

Cool, I'll do both of these today.
Based on how dirty the engine air filter was I doubt the cabin filters would be any better.

·
Premium Member
58,397 Posts
You should be fine with an 06. I have and 06 with 82K miles. I maintain it well and it is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. One thing to remember when you're on this forum is that people rarely post how good their truck has been to them but people will ***** when they have a problem It's just human nature.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should be fine with an 06. I have and 06 with 82K miles. I maintain it well and it is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. One thing to remember when you're on this forum is that people rarely post how good their truck has been to them but people will ***** when they have a problem It's just human nature.
Thanks, I'ved owned three Nissans and three Datsuns before. All were good cars and trucks. Just never bought one with 100k on it to start out with.

Turns out there was a piece of foam with a sticky backing in the filter compartment and NO filters at all, bought some new ones from local parts store and all is well now with the A/C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts