Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 4wd titan and im wanting to make it a prerunner or look like it ive been doing some research on suspensions and i like the mid travel from prg, but i dont wana pay out that much for something i couldent put to full use (not unless i have to so i get the look i want), im wanting the front to sitck out and the rear be narrower like a prerunner and be tall enough to fit 37" tires on factory titan wheels that im beadlocking. im doing fiberglass fenders and custom front/rear bumper and tire rack what do i need get to achive this look? thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
you will be laughed at unless you do it right....ie DO not go buy 37's, and wheel spacers and put the spacer on the front to stick the tires out, and than buy a tall spacer for the front to jack it up and pull out a spring in the back to drop the azz end.. Gotta pay to play.

btw 4wd=not easy to "prerun"

your kinda stuck with the prg m/t kit, axle extensions and other things needed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i live in nc near the mtns so 4wd is a must up here i jus want something different than a mud bogger that you see all the time around here. so theres not anyone to talk to about info on prerunning so im kinda going into this blind i dont know what wheel and tire packages or suspension packages prerunners run so if i can get any info on anything that would bring me closer to what im trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
check out NCD they make some cool ish for 4x4s

·
Registered
947 Posts
PRG mid travel kit
SAW extended travel coils
SAW 2.25 rear shocks
Extended cv axle
Deaver c-30 rear springs
PRG rear leaf shackles
17" rims of choice
37" tire of choice
Glassworks front fenders & besides (or brand of choice)
Custom pre runner bumper front and rear

That's pretty much it.... All suspension can be found on the PRG website BTW

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
titanridinghigh got everything for you listed. but dont think its a prerunner just because you have this stuff. a real prerunner will run you A LOT of money

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
something i dont have rt now:) i dig the look though.no one has ever made fun of me to my face. i look like i kill people though:teeth:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no it wont be a real prerunner im jus going for the look of one i dont have anywhere to really prerun anyays but thanks for the suggestions everyone thats alot of help

·
Registered
230 Posts
You could follow my build. No one in Iowa has ever seen a prerunner and there certainly isn't anything other than farm fields to prerun.

I took a 2009 2wd and got the front lift spacers, got front fenders from roadrunner, stretched the rear fenders, made a prerunner front bumper, and am trying to decide what tires to use.

I am building mine as a company demo vehicle for a replica so I do not care if people here want to criticize it as it has a different purpose and it is street driven daily.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
That's pretty hack...why fenders?

·
Registered
383 Posts
PRG mid travel kit
SAW extended travel coils
SAW 2.25 rear shocks
Extended cv axle
Deaver c-30 rear springs
PRG rear leaf shackles
17" rims of choice
37" tire of choice
Glassworks front fenders & besides (or brand of choice)
Custom pre runner bumper front and rear

That's pretty much it.... All suspension can be found on the PRG website BTW
Great list... Only problem with the SAW Extended travel coils and SAW 2.25 rear shocks is that Greg doesn't have them in and they are on back order... You could go with Extended travel radflo coils and radflo 2.5 rear shocks...

Look into the Roadrunner front/rear fenders from a forum member on here... They are a lot cheaper than glassworks...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just talked with Greg and he got a pallet of saws in a few days ago... I just ordered the extended travel package today. Also Greg told me that the price of the extended travel package is going up over 200 bucks tomorrow just an FYI

·
Registered
234 Posts
Why is everyone so hyped on SAWs?
Mainly because that's what Greg sold the most of in the early days; so all the initial lifted Titans and "prerunners" ran them. The main reason he was using them is due to length; being able to fit a 2" longer stroke shock in the stock location was a big bonus. I believe a few more companies make a shorter bodied shock now, but he was pushing SAW's for a few years before there were any other options.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
he told me if they rusy you get new ones for free

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Mainly because that's what Greg sold the most of in the early days; so all the initial lifted Titans and "prerunners" ran them. The main reason he was using them is due to length; being able to fit a 2" longer stroke shock in the stock location was a big bonus. I believe a few more companies make a shorter bodied shock now, but he was pushing SAW's for a few years before there were any other options.
Yea thats the reason I like SAWs since a for a good long travel kit you need to run 10s but due to the way the titans are set up that is pretty much impossible to do with shock hoops since you can't build the hoop high enough to get the full stroke of the shock but with a SAW shock that is possible since they are much shorter than other shocks. Only down fall is they are struggling right now and getting a shaft or part for a SAW is a huge problem.

Which other companies have you heard of starting to build shortier bodied shocks?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yea thats the reason I like SAWs since a for a good long travel kit you need to run 10s but due to the way the titans are set up that is pretty much impossible to do with shock hoops since you can't build the hoop high enough to get the full stroke of the shock but with a SAW shock that is possible since they are much shorter than other shocks. Only down fall is they are struggling right now and getting a shaft or part for a SAW is a huge problem.

Which other companies have you heard of starting to build shortier bodied shocks?
Nick... when are you coming out with a MT/LT kit for 4x4's?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts