Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into a little issue when I installed my AEM. Despite everyone saying not to remove the washer bottle, I did (because I didn't want to rip out the filter box, I actually wanted to unbolt it properly).
When I removed the bottle, I didn't see the red connector and I pulled up and out came the float.
I put it back in but apparently not good enough. It leaked throughout the night and I am left with an empty washer bottle in the morning.

Any tips? Do I need a new bottle now? Or should I be able to pop the float back in and have the seal 100% inside the bottle?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Not sure, but if your still under warranty there is a TSB on leaky washer botles on some titans so you might be able to have it fixed by the dealer :)

Just don't tell them you pulled it out.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Get a new washer bottle. Don't take any chances, that washer fluid is so corrosive. I've seen that sh!t eat through electrical harnesses and also make mince meat out of relays.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not in warranty...so no deal there

I only put one bottle in, I won't be putting anymore in

I wonder if the new washer bottle comes with the float....

Corrosive? Not with the layer of oil that the transfer case breather has laid down protecting the metal there...I was wondering why my air filters were oily dirty on the one corner...it is because of that breather.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to here, the piece is called the "level sensor". http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=213861&chapter=ARF3625&appSectionid=2580&groupid=51864&subgroupid=2595&componentid=0&make=25&model=Titan&year=2005&graphicID=3625225&callout=12&catalogid=2

Looks like a replaceable item so I technically should be able to "pop" it back in and get the seal fully inside the bottle.

Worse case, a new one is only $26.50 for the whole assembly (which is strange because the sensor is more money when purchased by itself... :rollingey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts