Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AFE cai has a rattling noise under WOT, almost sounds metallic like the aluminum cover is not tight. Only under really hard acceleration, not noticeable in regular driving. I double-checked all the bolts and everything is tight. Anyone else experience this or have any ideas??

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I checked everything out and it is all tightened down. Since it only does it at wot, I have learned to deal with it. One of the reasons I chose the AFE was that the Volant vibrates at wot.

If there is a fix, I hope someone will chime in. I love the performance though and I can live with the rattle if I have to.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I had the same problem. I just bought a small piece of Dynamat from pepboys and put it on the underside of the lid... problem gone

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know I'm not the only one.

You said you put the mat on the underside of the cover? That sounds lke the air filter itself is what is moving around and hitting the underside of the cover. that explains why it sounds metallic. I'll try that. Now that I know I'm not alone and everything is tight I'm also going to email AFE and see what they say about this. I'll keep you posted

Moosehunter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts