Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello cant find anything on aftermarket fuel rails and where to get them. I need to have fuel rails with an fittings. If anyone knows where to get them please let me know. I google searched and found nothing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
forgot to send you this lnk in my last PM. fuel rails in the ruff.
Fuel Injection
i dont think your gonna find bolt on ones.
yeah I kinda figured that one. I can not find any parts for this motor except parts that wont work for me. I will look at welding 6 an fittings to each and of the fuel rail, or eliminate the cross over and weld 6 an fittings on and use that as the feed to each rail and run the stock fuel inlet to the FPR since my fuel will not OEM Titan fuel system.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i started to modify the stock rails. the ends have been cut off and i rilled the rail ends to the maximum inside diameter. The tops of the injector seats have also been drilled out. Will weld 6 an fittings to both front and rear of both rails. the stock feed has been shaved off and will recieve a small plate. If anyone is interested I have pics of the drill out process. THey may not be complete aftermarket rails but the flow has been dramatically increasedand the fuel to injector has alsobeen increased.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
id like to see what you did.
Cut the OEM fuel inlet quick connect pickup off the rail and smoothed it out. A small piece of plate steel will be welded over the hole. (be sure to de-burr the inside of the rail after any drilling.)

Each end was cut off and bored out with a step bit to increase the openening diameter of the fuel rail. This is done front and rear of both rails. Im going to have -8 an female bungs welded to each end. I will be running -8 an to -6an reducer fitting though. I chose -8an for the rail fitting so If I wanted to go up in size in the future it was possible. (you also need to take a dremel and smooth the new bore to eliminate any shavings that may still be attached.)

The OEM rails where the injectors sit into the rail had a small tooth pick sized hole that limited the amount of fuel that went to the injectors. I bored all the top holes out to put a full flow of fuel to the injectors. (AFTER DRILLING THIS OUT YOU WILL LIKELY SPEND 30-45 MINUTES TRYING TO GET AND BURR LEFT FROM DRILLING THESE HOLES. TOOK ME QUITE A BIT. MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE ONLY THE BURRS ECAUSE THE INJECTER SEAT CUP ACTUALLY STICKS UP INTO THE RAIL AND YOU WILL DAMAGE IT IF YOUR NOT CARFULL. !!!)

(SINCE THERE WAS LIMITED TO NO AFTERMARKET OPTIONS THAT WERE COST FRIENDLY I BORED THE STOCK RAILS TO THE MAXIMUM DIAMETER THE METAL AND FITTINGS WOULD ALLOW. THIS SETUP WILL BE IN CHECK WITH AN AEROMOTIVE FPR AND IS DESIGNED TO BE A FULL FLOW FUEL RAIL WITH NO BUILT IN RESTRICTIONS FROM FACTORY. SINCE I WILL NOT BE USING TITAN EMS FOR MY 350Z I WILL NOT HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THIS. PLEASE RESEARCH AND CONSULT FOR ISSUES THAT MAY ARISE FROM FUEL SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts