Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Okay, so on my wife's Expedition, I bought the plugs to connect to the new stereo, which then plugged into the factory plug in her dash (the Ford version of the plug you've posted pics of from your Titan). I hooked up all the wires which went to the new stereo. Then I located the pin for the steering wheel control harness (which will be 12 & 13, according to what you've posted, for the Titan). Nothing was hooked to that pin (and nothing should be). But on the harness I bought (the one connected to the new stereo, which plugs into the factory harness where the OEM stereo used to connect) there was a wire for that pin, and I connected the ASWC to that wire. If you have stuff connected to the pin 12 & 13 wires already (on the new stereo harness which plugs into the factory plug) you can just connect to that. If you have an unused wire connected to pin 12 & 13, use those wires. If you don't have wires there, and pins 12 & 13 are empty slots on your aftermarket stereo connector harness, you can add those pins by purchasing a cheap connector harness of the same brand and type, and stealing two wires and pins from there to insert into your adapter harness plug, to mate with pins 12 & 13 on the oem plug you posted in the pic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just thought I'd share some lessons I learned while installing a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH in my 2011 Titan w/6-cd changer non-Rockford Fosgate stereo.

The correct wiring harness is the Metra 70-7550 (learned this lesson after visiting Best Buy and being told it was the 70-7552, and splicing the harnesses together and realizing they didnt match the factory harness)

You DO NOT need an antenna adapter such as the 40-NI12. I bought one and spliced it into the harness only to find the stock Nissan antenna was the same one the stereo needed.

The factory dash that fits the OEM Double DIN 6-cd changer fits the new stereo perfectly and you DO NOT need to buy a dash kit and no aftermarket mounting brackets were required. I used the stock ones and mounted them on the new stereo.

Also I was finishing this install late last night after a long day at work and was baffled when I had 3 cables from the OEM stereo and the new harness only accepted 2. Took me a while to figure out that one was the factory bluetooth and I was not using it anymore.

Overall...not a bad install to do yourself, figured I saved myself quite a bit of money from not having it installed professionally...but complicated enough for a first time installer to become a multiple evening process. But the end result is fantastic!!
I just did a similar install with the same specs as discussed. In the end, I had one brown wire left over that did not connect to the new HU. Does anyone know what this brown wire controls? I cannot find schematic for 2011 pro 4X without RF and with a 6 Cdchanger.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts