Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to put new exhaust manifolds and cats on a pro 4x crew cab. Does anyone have suggestions on aftermarket brands they've used and loved or used and hated?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought a set of easterns from rockauto. Most guys on here suggest JBA long tube header, catted Cajun bpipes and a uprev tune. But that’s an extra 1000$ over manifolds. For me with 236k on the clock it wasn’t worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Problem is most aftermarket manifolds are just going to crack again, same with OEM manifolds. If you want to do the job again, and pay for it again, go with anything you want. If you want to do it once and are not in Cali, go the JBA/Uprev (cajunbpipes.com) route.

·
Registered
559 Posts
^^^^ That!

Risking a bit of heresy, I snagged a set of Doug Thorley ceramic-coated/ 304SS long tubes for the same price the JBA ceramic-coated long tubes go for. Lots of clearance on the motor mounts, where some have had to trim to fit the JBAs. Not an issue with the JBAs, really, but the Thorley's are an alternative. There was some chatter on the forum about Thorley's cracking, but I don't see any quality issues, nor areas that should be any more prone to that than the JBAs. Time will tell, I guess. Yes it bugs me the tri-Y isn't set up quite right for our VK56 firing order, but they seem to work.

Long tubes and Cajun catted bPipes, and you are set to roll for the long haul. Install is no harder than it is to replace the exhaust manifolds with replacement manifolds (that will also fail).

Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have to put new exhaust manifolds and cats on a pro 4x crew cab. Does anyone have suggestions on aftermarket brands they've used and loved or used and hated?
If you want to do it a one and done talk to nightowl on here aka cajunbpipes.com
other wise you will be replacing anything else again not long after you just did it than the Cajun treatment will be money ahead I did the jba at 225000 and I have 260000 now and no leaks bought new nuts from Nissan and have not had a leak or had to retorque

·
Registered
113 Posts
The easterns I bought were reinforced where they tend to crack. And rock auto also sells a borsal manifold that is more like the JBA style but with cats. I know the long tube system is best but you have to consider you own situation. If this is your daily driver, I’d save up for them and do it right. For me this rig is for pulling our boat and farm stuff. I might put 2-3k on the clock a year, maybe. Additionally I just didn’t have the extra 1000$ after buying the truck, rebuilding the rear axle, new hubs and brakes. Now, when my kids get older and I don’t need a minivan anymore and I go out and find a newer Titan with less miles I know what to for and will jump right on a Cajun stage 2 setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys
I just received my JBA headers and the flange is not flat. The welds are grinded but still sticking out. Is that normal, why is it not flat as magnaglows or factory? Also what’s the best gaskets for these headers. I’m replacing it 3th time now, I purchased magnaflows and they cracked after half year. Can someone recommend what to do?
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts