Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I ordered parts to add heated seats to my 2008.5 CC SE 4x4. When I purchased my truck there were two thing, well three things, I wanted that I couldn't justify spending the additional $5,000 dollars on an LE to get. The three things are Leather, Heated Seats, and a Sunroof.

I had leather installed the day that I bought my truck for $800 bucks. I should have gotten the heated seats installed then, but they wanted to charge an additional $500 bucks and it was summer, so my mind wasn't right.

I just purchased "seat heaters" from (Seat Heater for Cars and Trucks from HeatedSeatKits.com) and OEM switches off of eBay. Which I am going to install where there are empty switch holes on the dash bezel.

I searched and couldn't find where anyone has given in info on an aftermarket heated seat install. I only found the massage install. Any helpful info would be nice. If none I will post back my results once it is complete.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Registered
197 Posts
So, I ordered parts to add heated seats to my 2008.5 CC SE 4x4. When I purchased my truck there were two thing, well three things, I wanted that I couldn't justify spending the additional $5,000 dollars on an LE to get. The three things are Leather, Heated Seats, and a Sunroof.

I had leather installed the day that I bought my truck for $800 bucks. I should have gotten the heated seats installed then, but they wanted to charge an additional $500 bucks and it was summer, so my mind wasn't right.

I just purchased "seat heaters" from (Seat Heater for Cars and Trucks from HeatedSeatKits.com) and OEM switches off of eBay. Which I am going to install where there are empty switch holes on the dash bezel.

I searched and couldn't find where anyone has given in info on an aftermarket heated seat install. I only found the massage install. Any helpful info would be nice. If none I will post back my results once it is complete.

Thanks,

Chad
There is a installation tab on their web site. Shows you how to install them!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
There is a installation tab on their web site. Shows you how to install them!
If I understand correctly, zxbulk wants to adapt the Nissan OEM seat heater switches to the aftermarket seat heaters. The heated seats website only show how to install the round switches that come with the seat heaters that require that you drill holes in the seat. Zybult wants to integrate the Nissan OEM switches and forgo the aftermarket heated seat switches.

There was one guy on TitanTalk (WVmtnbiker) who did this mod but he never did a write-up as to how he accomplished it. For several years now I have wanted to do the exact same thing but I don't know how to get started.

If you do this mod, please tell everyone how you accomplished it by a how-to.

Check out these two threads:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/31161-seat-heater-switches-wanted.html
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-interior-discussion/30951-seat-heater-switch-diagram.html

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I understand correctly, zxbulk wants to adapt the Nissan OEM seat heater switches to the aftermarket seat heaters. The heated seats website only show how to install the round switches that come with the seat heaters that require that you drill holes in the seat. Zxbullk wants to integrate the Nissan OEM switches and forgo the aftermarket heated seat switches.
You are correct. I am not worried about the install. I am more interested in getting the factory switches to work. I don't want to drill holes into the seat or some other location when I could use a factory switch.

There was one guy on TitanTalk (WVmtnbiker) who did this mod but he never did a write-up as to how he accomplished it. For several years now I have wanted to do the exact same thing but I don't know how to get started.

If you do this mod, please tell everyone how you accomplished it by a how-to.
Looks like I will be the first. I will make sure to take a lot of pictures during the process. I would recommend purchasing the factory switches if you are interested in doing this. They seem to be the hardest thing to get. Do a search on eBay for "titan heated seats." I just purchased two of them for $20 shipped. He has 30 or so.

The post with the wiring diagram looks as though it will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Here is a little more information from the Titan 2004 Service Manual for Heated Seats. Perhaps this might be useful as well and it is a little more detailed that the single schematic page that is shown on one of the other threads.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,557 Posts

Thanks,

Chad
You do realize that you didn't have to get the LE to have those things right? Although maybe still more than you wanted to spend, the PRO can be had with those options.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You do realize that you didn't have to get the LE to have those things right? Although maybe still more than you wanted to spend, the PRO can be had with those options.
I am indeed aware, but I purchased the titan towards the end of 08. My choices were limited then when it came to getting the package that I wanted. I only found 2 Pro4x's that were within 200 miles of where I live, but not with the options I wanted. And again out of the $$$ amount I was wanting to spend.

I found a truck and a $$ I couldn't refuse. I paid $24,625 OTD for my 2008.5 CC SE 4X4 w/ Rockford Fosgate, Big Tow, High Utility Bed, Rear Bumper Step Assist, Floor Mats, and Leather installed. The sticker was $37,165.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
I am indeed aware, but I purchased the titan towards the end of 08. My choices were limited then when it came to getting the package that I wanted. I only found 2 Pro4x's that were within 200 miles of where I live, but not with the options I wanted. And again out of the $$$ amount I was wanting to spend.

I found a truck and a $$ I couldn't refuse. I paid $24,625 OTD for my 2008.5 CC SE 4X4 w/ Rockford Fosgate, Big Tow, High Utility Bed, Rear Bumper Step Assist, Floor Mats, and Leather installed. The sticker was $37,165.
for 3 grand more, you couldve had all that stuff with leather blue tooth and rear sensors, and had the sweet interior on the pro-4x, and not to mention the rear locker.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for 3 grand more, you couldve had all that stuff with leather blue tooth and rear sensors, and had the sweet interior on the pro-4x, and not to mention the rear locker.
I have bluetooth, rear sensors, bucket seats, ect...... As I stated in my previous post the PRO-4x model was sparse, and to my knowledge still are. Also, all of the ones I have found, no offense, are LWB and I really don't like the LWB.

Also, the Pro-4x would have been $4,000 more than mine. Again, if the option was available at the time I probably would have gotten the Pro-4x, but I am very happy with my truck. Maybe I should change the title to "The solution to what I want to do is to buy a different truck?":bang:

I am not posting here to get feedback on buying a Pro-4x, I was posting to see if anyone had added aftermarket heated seats. So if anyone has any info on that, besides mcginkleschmidt, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Yeah, I had a helluva time finding the PRO-4X I have now with all the options I wanted. Sounds like you got a GREAT deal so I don't blame you for going about it they way you did.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
****UPDATE!

I received the switches that I ordered from eBay. I tested that they fit into the the standard switch holes and the did. I received them 2 days after I ordered them and the were right at $20 for both.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I bought my Nissan OEM heated seat switches a couple or more years ago. I cannot remember the exact amount I paid but they were approximately $30 or so for each from an online dealer so you got a lot better deal than I did.

My part numbers, one left and one right side, were as follows:

25500-AX600
25500-AX601

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Yeah, I had a helluva time finding the PRO-4X I have now with all the options I wanted. Sounds like you got a GREAT deal so I don't blame you for going about it they way you did.
I didnt even know the pro-4x existed, we went to go check out the LE`s and came out with this thing

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Armada LE's have that, couldn't be too hard to add.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Saturday is the day I make the attempt to install the drivers side. It is looking like the OEM switches are not going to work. The ones I purchased do NOT fit in the factory position on the 08's. I called the dealer and looks like $50 a switch, without the OEM plug that goes in the back.

To purchase the plugs you have to purchase the entire wiring harness, which was like $700 bucks.

I will make sure to take tons of pics to hopefully help someone in the future.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So here is my very delayed update.

I finished the install on the drivers side seat. Overall it went very well and I saved $300 bucks in the process. I will probably do the passenger side when it gets a little cooler outside. It is 104 and humid in SC right now.

I will also post pictures of where I mounted the supplied switch tonight.

Kit was purchased here

I would also recommend purchasing the optional 20 mm drill bit so that the hole is drilled perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
More Pics........

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts