Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I e-mailed Leatherseats.com a few days ago about if they had seats for the Titan yet and they said they had just finished them.They are $670+shipping and $30 more if you want 2-tone. We could get a better price if some day we decide to do a group deal with them and they are very easy to work with. I was part of a group deal over at maxima.org with them and things went great. Good product and there actually pretty easy to install. Just figured i would let you guys know since there are a few out there not happy with the cloth colors and stuff.

·
Registered
75 Posts
piopremier said:
I e-mailed Leatherseats.com a few days ago about if they had seats for the Titan yet and they said they had just finished them.They are $670+shipping and $30 more if you want 2-tone. We could get a better price if some day we decide to do a group deal with them and they are very easy to work with. I was part of a group deal over at maxima.org with them and things went great. Good product and there actually pretty easy to install. Just figured i would let you guys know since there are a few out there not happy with the cloth colors and stuff.

OK, my memory is fading since we just had our second baby a full two weeks early, BUT....
I am pretty sure the Titan has the "Smart" weight sensing airbags for the front seats like the other new models like my Armada. Installing aftermarket leather has been HIGHLY discouraged by Nissan since it can affect the airbag sensor. And this is from a comapny that licenses, and issues factory order numbers for leather by Classic Soft trim.

Tread very lightly, and at your passengers risk.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My dealer said there is no problem doing after. They even offer to do it for $$$$. Unless that's what you meant, go with Nissan after market leather. The sensor is under the foam, I don't see how it can be a problem.

Chris,

If they make specifically for the Titan, I assume it's tight fit around the contours too? I may be interested. Group buy sounds great :cheers:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Problem???

Well, my info comes directly from Nissan Corporate Hdqtrs. Not some dealer trying to make money. I am a dealer too. I sell lots of Leather on Altimas and such, but this subject came up with Quests and the memo was released. Like I said.....Convert at your passengers risk.

·
Registered
495 Posts
At least 2 dealers told me that it can be done by the same manufaturer that made the leather for Nissan (same color as oem). And yes, it's very possible that they try to sell me aftermarket leather or just try to sell me the non-leather car and tell me it's not possible later after I buy it.
I still don't know why the sensor can be a problem since it's weight sensor as mentioned in the manual. Can it be just that Nissan is cautious about the sensor being tempered with? I'd appreicate if you can find out more (if there is any more).

thx Boss

·
Registered
68 Posts
Another of example of "technology" getting in the way of a good thing... :)

If it wasn't for the sensors and side airbags(with the AB pkg) I'd probably replace the entire seat...that is...once I get my truck! I may hold out for an 05 model and cross my fingers that Nissan comes out with the "Performance Seat" pkg...which will inevitably require you to purchase the Big Tow pkg and the Off Road package... :upsidedow

Thinking of changing my username to "seat guy"

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the air bags were the first thing i thought of when i was thinking of getting the truck without leather. if the bag was in the seat i was gonna get leather for sure cause thats not worth messing with to me to make sure everything is lined up and so on. But if the sensor is under the padding, and i will find out for sure before i do anything, then there is no problem as long as you go about disconnecting the battery to prevent the airbag from going off while unhooking and so on.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i e-mailed them about the concern of messing with the weight system and they sent me a doc. all about it. its called the delphi recognition system. if you would like a copy i will send it to you. basically the leather sits on the foam seat and under the foam is a silicone bladder the size of the seat. when you sit on the seat you force silicone out of the bladder down a tube under the seat and a sensor reads the pressure of silicone being placed on it. So as long as you follow the directions there should be NO problem. like i said if you want more info let me know and i'll e-mail it to ya.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
piopremier said:
i e-mailed them about the concern of messing with the weight system and they sent me a doc. all about it. its called the delphi recognition system. if you would like a copy i will send it to you. basically the leather sits on the foam seat and under the foam is a silicone bladder the size of the seat. when you sit on the seat you force silicone out of the bladder down a tube under the seat and a sensor reads the pressure of silicone being placed on it. So as long as you follow the directions there should be NO problem. like i said if you want more info let me know and i'll e-mail it to ya.
hey i would really be interested in the leather can you send me info, thanks john my email is [email protected] thanks

·
Registered
495 Posts
I decided to go with the place where they do leather seats for dealers. I didn't mind doing the installation for the seats, but wasn't too sure about the middle front seat where the leather wraps around the flip down plastic storage area (I have bench seat). The cost wasn't much more but this place has been doing leather for lots of dealers. I chose graphite and lite creme with perforation for the seat/door inserts . It's difficult to match the titanium color, beside it won't give you the 2-tone look. So I decided to match with door trims/A pilar color. Cost is $1100, place is www.classicsofttrim.com I am pleased with the quality, especially the professionalism of the service. They have many shops all over and of course, no affiliation....(the fleet manager was kind enough to give me the contact)

The air bag sensor was tested and works fine, too.

Thanks piopremier for the doc on the air bag sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
aftermarket leather...

Dear Members,

I have had a few people from this forum email me over the last few weeks. Some have asked about a group buy and the savings associated with that option and so I figured I would post to gauge the interest.

I am also posting a link to a high resolution picture of our pattern for the Titan and Armada...

If there is some interest I can put together a pricing package for a group buy on Titans and Armadas together. I will moderate this post as much as possible... if anyone has any questions you can email me at the address below or post here.

Thanks,
Eric
1-866-639-7328 ext 104
www.leatherseats.com

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i am interested what kind and how much of a percentage of this is REAL leather. how many people do we need to get a group buy. let us know and do you recommend proffessional installation. :upsidedow

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm interested

Count me in as an interested party. Juat want to make sure the seats are designed for the Titan XE with BENCH seats

Thanks

Al Kwas
Worcester, MA

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
leatherseats.com said:
Dear Members,

I have had a few people from this forum email me over the last few weeks. Some have asked about a group buy and the savings associated with that option and so I figured I would post to gauge the interest.

I am also posting a link to a high resolution picture of our pattern for the Titan and Armada...

If there is some interest I can put together a pricing package for a group buy on Titans and Armadas together. I will moderate this post as much as possible... if anyone has any questions you can email me at the address below or post here.

Thanks,
Eric
1-866-639-7328 ext 104
www.leatherseats.com
can we get an update leatherseats.com

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hmm, this post has kinda died. I don't have a Titan yet, but I'm planning on having one within the next six months. I would definitely be interested in leather for the bench.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
ChuhBaca said:
Hmm, this post has kinda died. I don't have a Titan yet, but I'm planning on having one within the next six months. I would definitely be interested in leather for the bench.
Im interseted also in the two-tome seats. Iwould be interested to know how one would install these by yourself?? Do you cut the cloth off, and pull the leather over the cushions??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts