Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed aftermarket nerfbars yet? I want to see how they look compare to the dealers style. How about the ebay ones? Just wanting a review of how you like them, any aftermarket brand. How were they to install?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I will let you know. I ordered nerf bars for my CC on Friday from truckaccessoryusa.com. Chromed stainless steel mad by Tech Tubes for $299.95, no shipping.

They arrived today, Thursday. Installation was not too bad, especially being done at night. There were a couple of problems. The bolts removed from the truck are REALLY tight. An impact wrench would help here. I got mine off using a breaker bar on my socket.

There are metal straps intended to stiffen the front bracket. These straps don't fit my frame. I will have to call in the morning to see what can be worked out.

They look nice, but it is too dark to take a photo. I will try in the morning.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Pictures

Atsenaotie said:
I will let you know. I ordered nerf bars for my CC on Friday from truckaccessoryusa.com. Chromed stainless stell for $299.95, no shipping.
When you get them , please post pictures - close and from a little away. I am going to be ordering some in the future and I would like to look at some different ones. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just oreded from truckaccessoryusa.net, the tech-tube step bars for my KingCab. Heck of a nice outfit to deal with. $239 shipped for the bars. Give em a call, they have other accessorys for the Titan in stock too. I'll post some pic's after I get em installed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
See if this Works

Attached are two photos of the Tech Tubes on my CC Titan. I am happy with the look, and installation was not bad.

The only hang-up is getting the straps to fit. The straps with my kit do not fit my truck. Tech Tube manufacturer says they have not had this problem on the 3 or 4 Titans they worked on to fabricate the parts. It looks like they can fabricate a strap for the passenger side when I get them some measurements. The driver side will be more of a problem.

I got the underbody measurement guide from the service manual and will check the locations this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Atsenaotie, I just installed my Tech Tubes last night and I also had problems with the straps. I took out my 5-pound sledge hammer and whacked the crap out of those straps until I got them to fit. Took me about an hour for the total install (Would have been less if the straps had fit out of the box). They look great! I really like the look of the chrome against the Galaxy Black. Looks really sharp. Maybe I'll take some pictures once i get my Titan cleaned up.

The straps definitely make a difference in the stiffness of the nerf bars. I tried it without the straps and was able to move the nerf bars about a quarter of and inch when I stepped on it. Once I got the straps on, the bars did move at all.

I seriously considered getting the OEM step rails, but thought the chrome would look better, and also I like how the Tech Tubes curl back into the body of the truck giving it a much more finished appearance.

·
Registered
194 Posts
NYTITANMAN said:
Hey Meck, please post pics when you can. I'm getting Galaxy also and I'd like to see how it looks. Thanks
Here are some pics after a fresh coat of Zanio

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
I like many of these guys ordered my tech tubes from truckaccessoryusa.com I was very pleased with the price however their packaging left me a little worried as I recieved the tubes in a box that had been poked through leaving my steps precariously stowed in an open box. In any event see my pics in the thread below
http://www.titantalk.com/showthread.php?t=11316

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics of the chrome bars on the Galaxy Black color.
I am expecting my nerf bars on Thursday...I got them from eBay for about $250 w/shipping. They are also stainless steel though I'm not sure if it is chromed or just polished.

:)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I got the ones off ebay, I forgot the guys name, i can get it if you want. They installed easily in about 45 minutes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Galaxy Black CC w/ aftermarket stainless nerfs :)

I just received my nerf bars this afternoon and installed them as soon as I could. I bought them off eBay from a seller in Oklahoma. They arrived in less than a week and so far I am very happy with them.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey NorCal,

Did you have the same problem with the straps?
How long did it take to install these, and please mention the difficult parts also.

Thanks,

D-T

·
Registered
30 Posts
DallasTitan said:
Hey NorCal,

Did you have the same problem with the straps?
How long did it take to install these, and please mention the difficult parts also.

Thanks,

D-T

DT,

Once I had all the tools the total installation time was about 45 minutes -- I had to make a run to Sears to pick up a 1/2" drive breaker bar and 8" extension for the socket to remove the body mount bolts.

To mount the support straps for the rear brackets, I drilled a 3/32 and then a 3/16" pilot hole for the "self-tapping" screw to make the installation easier than trying to actually penetrate the frame without it. (I'll post a picture of that.)

I had a little bit of a problem with the second strap because the holes I drilled could only go in at an angle and the screw wouldn't find the lead -- it was just a minor problem though.

Finally, I did use a torque wrench to make sure I tightened the body mount bolts back to at least 65 ft/lbs.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts