Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello People,

I just got 2012 Titan SV and was going to install my pioneer head unit. I purchased the wire adapter metra 70-7550 with the two plugs. I matched all the colors from the hu harness to the adapter harness. When I connected the radio, nothing happened. No power or anything. When I looked at the harness, the colors did not match up attached are the pictures of the metra harness and the truck harness. DId I get the right one?

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
The wire colors in the dash wiring will NOT match the wire colors in the adapters that connect to the aftermarket HU. I assume your aftermarket HU is reasonably new, if so, the wire colors from its connector should match the wires in the adapters.

Check for 12 volts DC on the red and yellow wires with the ignition switch on or in aux. You may have blown a fuse.
Was the OEM radio the Rockford-Fosgate? If so you need to bypass the RF external amp.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I do agree with eakes........ the colors don't always match up...hardly ever.

I did do a little search on the 70-7550 and it is for a 4 speaker system.

EDIT:

Oh Yea....Welcome to TitanTalk

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
If you have those plugs you had the OEM Rockford head unit. If that the case that's the wrong harness.
You need the 70-7551. Ground the aftermarket HU. You do not have to bypass the factory amp with this harness unless you already damaged it using the wrong harness.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This stumped me for a while. You have to make your own ground. I went to the cigarette lighter because i was fed up with it, but there are better places to ground it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wire colors in the dash wiring will NOT match the wire colors in the adapters that connect to the aftermarket HU. I assume your aftermarket HU is reasonably new, if so, the wire colors from its connector should match the wires in the adapters.

Check for 12 volts DC on the red and yellow wires with the ignition switch on or in aux. You may have blown a fuse.
Was the OEM radio the Rockford-Fosgate? If so you need to bypass the RF external amp.
I hooked up the factory radio and it fine. Not sure if it Rockford-Fosgate or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have those plugs you had the OEM Rockford head unit. If that the case that's the wrong harness.
You need the 70-7551. Ground the aftermarket HU. You do not have to bypass the factory amp with this harness unless you already damaged it using the wrong harness.
BestBuy did offer two kinds. I read that I needed the one with the two connectors. I'll go get that one and try it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the response. I'm good with radio installs. I've done this a few times with my other vehicle (not cutting wires) so I decided to look over it again. I've noticed that some of the wires on the connector are empty where they should have a wire. I think I have the wrong connector. I'm going to try the 70-7551. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I noticed on the 70-7551, it has rca connections. I didn't see any connections on the factory wiring. I'll look deep into it this weekend.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The 70-7551 is applicable if you have the Rockford-Fosgate system. If you have that factory unit it will say Rockford-Fosgate on the front panel.

Your most likely problem is lack of ground if you do not have the RF system.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Is there a sub under the drivers seat ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got it! It was the ground. I hooked it to a screw that was in the center of the radio area and it worked. I think it will be ok. What's a good ground location? Thanks for all your responses.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The metal bar behind the radio

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pull out the HU and there's a metal bar looking thing at the back around where the stereo sits, with a screw on it, or make a screw fit on there, that's what I used for mine and it worked amazing, Does any body know how to put the steering controls on an aftermarket head unit?...Thank You:nerd:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You need a
Metra ASWC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My daughter has an 05 Armada, purchased used, with missing radio. Tried installing an aftermarket radio (Boss 850), using 2 connector harness that mated to 2 connectors in dash. The radio unit powers up, but no output to speakers. Is there a different adapter needed to gain access to the 4 speakers in the Armada? Thank you!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts