Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good place where you could get an aftermarket sunroof installed. Also, any good tips or horror stories about sunroofs on whether getting one on the titan would be a good idea.

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love my factory sunroof...

Wouldn't recommend an aftermarket though.... I've heard horror stories on other vehicles about leaking, etc..

·
Registered
514 Posts
SmokeyStog said:
I love my factory sunroof...

Wouldn't recommend an aftermarket though.... I've heard horror stories on other vehicles about leaking, etc..
These days you shouldn't worry about aftermarket leaking. If you get a good product from a good dealer (your titan salesman usually can recommend where they have them done) I wouldn't worry about it.

Plus it would be nicer to get one a little bigger than the stocker...

·
Registered
2 Posts
aftermarket sunroofs

dd564 said:
Anyone know of a good place where you could get an aftermarket sunroof installed. Also, any good tips or horror stories about sunroofs on whether getting one on the titan would be a good idea.

Thanks.
I had a aftermarket sunroof installed. Cost $1100.00. Inalfa american sunroofs. www.inalfa.com Was done by Tims Trim in Rochester, ny. can't tell installation from factory. Has option that roof close's when ignition turned off , auto reversing feature, express open, vent and close plus manual open and close and intermediate positions. warranty three (3) years or 36,000 miles :cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wack

KC or CC? Did they just trim the useless overhead console out of the way or relocate it? Their aftermarket functions sound better than most of the factory features I've seen on most high-end cars.
Thanks much for the info.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
dd564 said:

Thanks.
HI... I would try calling ZEIBART they install them, and around my area they are price very good and they stand by there warranty. They also tint windows ect... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brickwall said:
KC or CC? Did they just trim the useless overhead console out of the way or relocate it? Their aftermarket functions sound better than most of the factory features I've seen on most high-end cars.
Thanks much for the info.

They cut off the storage area (sunglasses etc) (but did not lose the rear area where dvd goes ) squared off the light area installed the switches there molded the headliner around the opening and cutoff area.

Wack :cheers:

·
Registered
212 Posts
wack said:
They cut off the storage area (sunglasses etc) (but did not lose the rear area where dvd goes ) squared off the light area installed the switches there molded the headliner around the opening and cutoff area.

Wack :cheers:

Hey Wack,

I would love to see pictures of the sunroof.

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
bvstone1 said:
These days you shouldn't worry about aftermarket leaking. If you get a good product from a good dealer (your titan salesman usually can recommend where they have them done) I wouldn't worry about it.

Plus it would be nicer to get one a little bigger than the stocker...
How much bigger would you want it? The stock one goes almost all the way across the entire roof. Any farther and I would think that the structural integrity of the roof would be compromised.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
you know i really wasnt that impressed w/ the stock sunroof. it was plenty wide but not that deep maybe 12". my maxima had a bigger one w/ a smaller interior space. although small as it may be i do miss it. my last 4 vehicles have had them and it is nice to have them.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
goathead said:
you know i really wasnt that impressed w/ the stock sunroof. it was plenty wide but not that deep maybe 12". my maxima had a bigger one w/ a smaller interior space. although small as it may be i do miss it. my last 4 vehicles have had them and it is nice to have them.
Remember that to get the Nav System you were required to get the DVD player which required the Sunroof which required the Side Curtain Air Bags.

Any larger and they wouldn't be able to require that the DVD system be installed in order to get the sunroof.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts