Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, New to the site. And my first Titan. A 2004 xe. I want to add a transmission temperature gauge. Can I put a universal drain plug with a 1/8" NPT fitting and connect there. I understand I would not get an accurate reading, but I could tell where I'm at with and without load and when to shift if temperature rises on climbs. I don't have the BT package. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi, New to the site. And my first Titan. A 2004 xe. I want to add a transmission temperature gauge. Can I put a universal drain plug with a 1/8" NPT fitting and connect there. I understand I would not get an accurate reading, but I could tell where I'm at with and without load and when to shift if temperature rises on climbs. I don't have the BT package. Thanks in advance!
There is a test plug you can use on the trans. I have mine there. I can get under it tomorrow and take a picture if you want me to. I'm using a glow shift max tow trans temp gauge.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
There is a test plug you can use on the trans. I have mine there. I can get under it tomorrow and take a picture if you want me to. I'm using a glow shift max tow trans temp gauge.
what you mean by test plug and what range did you get that temp gauge

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently install a PML aluminum cast pan and an autometer gauge. The pan can be ordered predrilled for the aftermarket gauge. So far it has been working like a champ. My stock gauge has been acting up and constantly showing a temperature of overheating. If you plan on towing I recommend changing the trans pan and installing the
gauge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts