Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching new UCA's, but what I can't figure out is what the clearance differences are between the Total Chaos UCA's and the PRG UCA's. Anybody know?

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
I don't know the difference between those two. I have the PRG UCA's and they don't hit the coil bucket. A bit on the noisy side though due to the Heim joint.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Total Chaos may have improved their design at some point, as Greg did with the PRG's, but with the Bilstein HD stock length struts and a 2.5" PRG leveling kit on my '04 4x4, I had a couple of nicks in the coil bucket paint from the Chaos arms, circa '06. The 2.5" leveling kit is only 0.3" taller than the recomended for 4x4 2" leveling kit. So my Chaos arms only provide about 1/2" more clearance than stock.

My DRE, (Icon), Coilovers are longer than the HD struts, and the hat flip added 1.5" to their length, (which is the same as a 2.5" leveling kits thickness). This caused major coil bucket contact and I had to Dremel a U shape all the way through the buckets' lips. With the Titan jacked up the arms still laid across the surface of the buckets.

I know of some that have done this same hat flip mod, but used the latest rev. of the PRG UCA's, and didn't have to grind their coil buckets. Think they are a little less money than the Chaos ones too. :)

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
The only Total Chaos arms you're gonna be able to get are used ones, as they have discontinued any parts they made for the the Titan. Quality stuff, however PRG really took a firm grip on that segment of the Titan aftermarket.

Also, I do believe that the PRG arms offer more clearance.

Reactions: slater_pro4x

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just like NorCal I had to Dremel my coil buckets. Even after taking about 1.5"-2" off, it will lay across when the the wheel is at full droop.

So when did the new rev. of PRG UCAs come out?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Just like NorCal I had to Dremel my coil buckets. Even after taking about 1.5"-2" off, it will lay across when the the wheel is at full droop.

So when did the new rev. of PRG UCAs come out?
Not sure of the date, but it's possible that your buckets are positioned on the frame where you would still have an issue even if yours are the later version, since their location can vary a lot. With the newer '08+ Titans, having contact is even more likely, but the later PRG's are going to provide more clearance than the Total Chaos, RC, or original PRG's.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
why didnt nissan design them like the tundra's? like really.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Or fords, chevy's ?? they had to make it the stupidest design in the world.
I was looking at my dad's tundra today, the coilbucket is similar to our set up, only its like they looked at the titans and were like, that long coilbucket is gonna hit, lets make it nice and short. If you cut like 3 inches off our's it'd look like the tundra. But who knows how it would hold up since it wasnt designed like that.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I wish i had money and access to a shop, i want shock hoops, a cross bar and saw coils. Just cut the stupid bucket off lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I run T/C arms and the Extended travel SAW....No clearance issues.....My T/C arms are a little noisy from the plastic bushings...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The only Total Chaos arms you're gonna be able to get are used ones, as they have discontinued any parts they made for the the Titan. Quality stuff, however PRG really took a firm grip on that segment of the Titan aftermarket.

Also, I do believe that the PRG arms offer more clearance.
That's a big negative. They are still manufactured and you can buy them today.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have the camburg arms and they work great with no noise or contact with saw coils-they have been on my truck 3 years and still look great, I think they are the same design as the total chaos arms

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
I am designing a pair of boxed ucas that I should have finished by the end of this week. The boxed arms allow for more clearance than that of a tubed and I will find out once I weld them up if the measurements worked out correctly. Once they are fine tuned they will have better clearance than that of the tubed arms out and plus boxed arms look nice :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
I am designing a pair of boxed ucas that I should have finished by the end of this week. The boxed arms allow for more clearance than that of a tubed and I will find out once I weld them up if the measurements worked out correctly. Once they are fine tuned they will have better clearance than that of the tubed arms out and plus boxed arms look nice :)
Get them done ASAP so I can order a pair :teeth:

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
795 Posts
please keep the price competitive so the "normal guy" could afford them. I have seen your work and would def be down for a pair if the price is right.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'll be watching for news of these!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts