Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dealership and asked if they could do the advance on my 08. They said they could, but when I got there the service manager said he wouldn't touch it. They had the consult 3, but they wouldn't do it for me...he said there are warranty problems so they won't even touch it...

One of the guys also said he has a new Z and the advance wouldn't stay for him...

Oh well...time to keep looking...

·
Registered
375 Posts
bills1974 said:
I called my dealership and asked if they could do the advance on my 08. They said they could, but when I got there the service manager said he wouldn't touch it. They had the consult 3, but they wouldn't do it for me...he said there are warranty problems so they won't even touch it...

One of the guys also said he has a new Z and the advance wouldn't stay for him...

GOOD LUCK finding a dealer to do it..
IF it didnt stay in the Z is becuase they did not push ( UPDATE ) after the +2..
I have dont 1 350z & it stayed..

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
bills1974 said:

Call another dealership and/or bring them the printed directions from this forum. It's the only way some stubborn headed service guys will learn.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Or, hook up with Taz.
He did mine.
Thanks Taz.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, I'm in south Florida...based on everything I've read, if someone in this area can do it, I'll gladly pay for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im also in Florida... Palm Coast though its a little north of daytona. What does it usally cost to have the dealership or stealership do the +2 timing. Is there anyone if FL that could do this mod and we could all meet up somewhere that central for us all?

·
Registered
37 Posts
JErsland said:
Im also in Florida... Palm Coast though its a little north of daytona. What does it usally cost to have the dealership or stealership do the +2 timing. Is there anyone if FL that could do this mod and we could all meet up somewhere that central for us all?
I live in Port Orange when I'm not in college; I'm coming home on like the 17th and will be home until early January. If you want to meet up with me I'll be glad to do it. (As long as you have 04-07... I have cipher) Shoot me a pm if you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Crod I just shot you a PM thanks for the offer and helping me out. What mods do you have done to your titan? My truck is bone stock... looking at an AEM or S&B CAI. I have a friend of mine that owns Daytona Converter which is a wholesale distributor of exhaust componets. So I was looking into a magnaflow muffler swap since my 07 is full stainless and seems desired by all titan owners. Id also like to go with radflo 2" coilovers and crank them to about 3.5 and then add the deaver rear pack. I have an 07 kc xe.

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in the same boat and pretty much the same story. Called my dealer in Delaware, and they told me they could do it. A week or so later when I arrived, they did not want to do it. Anyone in the Delaware area or close to Delaware can do a 2008 advance for me? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
deldude31 said:
I'm in the same boat and pretty much the same story. Called my dealer in Delaware, and they told me they could do it. A week or so later when I arrived, they did not want to do it. Anyone in the Delaware area or close to Delaware can do a 2008 advance for me? Thanks
In my case dealing with ignorant dealerships, you need to let them know the consult 3 has the +2 timing as an option when you get to that part of the screen, and it's the only alt. option allowed on the consult when timing is involved... Therefore if the option is present then it's pretty obvious that nissan does not have a problem allowing this mod to be preformed... It's pretty sad that we the customer have to tell a cert. tech/serice mgr. how to do his own job... So tell the service mgr. to check it out for themselves... good luck hope this info helps...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts