Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never knew agonizing :crying: over a truck would be this bad. I've narrowed it down between the Canyon and the Titan. As much as I love the Titan, it's the gas mileage thats got me all worried. I know a cover would help some w/ mileage but not alot. The Canyon 4x4 crew cab will get 18/25 on the road. I know, I know bigger truck is going to drink more gas. After seeing the national news about gas in some places being 3 bucks by summer made me do some serious thinking.

I set down and figured right now w/ my pathfinder I'm having to fill up 8 times in a month. The most I remember the pathy holding gas when almost empty was 17 gal. If I got the Titan, I'm sure I'll be filling up more often not to mention the 28 gal tank. I figured w/ the Canyon I would be filling up only 5 times a month knocking off 3 fill ups. As far as the new Frontier, I can't wait a whole year. Yeah, I could still keeping driving my Pathy but I'm trying to avoid having to pull my trailer w/ it. Reason, leak in the rear axle. Even my cat was trying to help me out but she said "You buy Titan as along as it don't affect my food or you eating out of my plate." :teethmast

Sorry for the long post but just needed to vent or just talk about it. Feel free to reply or jump in and make a comment.

·
Super Moderator
34,510 Posts
Solution?

Have you test driven either or both?

If gas prices are making you think about not buying the Titan then don't test drive it. Just drive and buy the Canyon and be happy.

If you drive the Titan you will buy one, so beware!!!! :thedevil:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
37L1 said:
Have you test driven either or both?

If gas prices are making you think about not buying the Titan then don't test drive it. Just drive and buy the Canyon and be happy.

If you drive the Titan you will buy one, so beware!!!! :thedevil:

Yeah, I test driven both and both ride good. Well, Titan has the best ride
period....lol. I love to the feel of the Titan and the features especially the spray-in bedliner. It's just that darn gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
If you buy the Canyon you will be spending money on repairs rather than gas. Do like I did- put a larger down payment on the Titan to lower your monthly payment. The difference will be your gas money.

·
Registered
779 Posts
do the Titan

you'll get maybe about 18 mpg on a Canyon while getting about 14 mpg on the Titan: big deal, maybe 25% difference, in theory. In reality, the little Canyon motor, you'll be pushing harder & revving higher (for less performance & satisfaction) and end up with closer mpg milage numbers.

I've owned two Wranglers ('95 & '00). I've had a 1995 Ford 150 with 5.7 v8 and another Ford 150 Edie Bauer V6 (don't ask why :jester: ). Titan gets better actual milage than all four.

look, you need a truck or you don't. Since you need to haul a trailer you might as well enjoy the ride and hauling on the 5.6 v8 Titan :cheers:.

some have reported getting the same milage on a Titan as they've gotten on thier Pathfinders. clashofthetitans, what gas milage are you getting on your Pathfinder? I'm guessing 15~19 mpg? A 4x2 Titan gets the same.

i'd still get the Titan even if gas was $3 or $4 bucks gallon (but i'd ditch my Wranger -- gees no one really needs two 4x4s :upsidedow -- and get a VW TDI diesel (38 mpg) from Nevada as the 2nd car for our family).

Colorado mpg notes:
Code L52; Cylinders 5; Liters 3.5; Fuel Induction 20V MFI; HP 220; Torque 225; EPA City 19*; EPA Hwy 24*. *2WD Models; 18/23 on 4WD Models. Curb Weight 3802-lbs. Towing Cap., 4000-lb. Max. (When Properly Equipped)
from http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ncs?kbb.CA;082500;CA001&94703;pic&1322;Chevrolet;2004 Colorado Extended Cab&M6M43A13;M6M43&&Pick-ups&&nc

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bayou and pluckyew!! I talked w/ a superintendent at work today and he drives 2000 F-150 and got 14 mpg open road. After talking w/ him it made alot of sense to get a full size truck. I'm just going to bite the bullet and get me a Titan KC in April. I know how I feel about the Titan and feel if I get anything else I won't be satisfied. The Titan is the bomb! Go Titan, Go Titan.....oh, sorry got carried away. Again, thanks for your input.

·
Registered
359 Posts
clashofthetitans said:
Thanks bayou and pluckyew!! I talked w/ a superintendent at work today and he drives 2000 F-150 and got 14 mpg open road. After talking w/ him it made alot of sense to get a full size truck. I'm just going to bite the bullet and get me a Titan KC in April. I know how I feel about the Titan and feel if I get anything else I won't be satisfied. The Titan is the bomb! Go Titan, Go Titan.....oh, sorry got carried away. Again, thanks for your input.
I'm pretty sure you'll never regret the decision to go with Titan...plus, you've already got one of the coolest Titan-derived signature names on here! :cheers:

·
Registered
230 Posts
clashofthetitans said:
I never knew agonizing :crying: over a truck would be this bad. I've narrowed it down between the Canyon and the Titan. As much as I love the Titan, it's the gas mileage thats got me all worried. I know a cover would help some w/ mileage but not alot. The Canyon 4x4 crew cab will get 18/25 on the road. I know, I know bigger truck is going to drink more gas. After seeing the national news about gas in some places being 3 bucks by summer made me do some serious thinking.

I set down and figured right now w/ my pathfinder I'm having to fill up 8 times in a month. The most I remember the pathy holding gas when almost empty was 17 gal. If I got the Titan, I'm sure I'll be filling up more often not to mention the 28 gal tank. I figured w/ the Canyon I would be filling up only 5 times a month knocking off 3 fill ups. As far as the new Frontier, I can't wait a whole year. Yeah, I could still keeping driving my Pathy but I'm trying to avoid having to pull my trailer w/ it. Reason, leak in the rear axle. Even my cat was trying to help me out but she said "You buy Titan as along as it don't affect my food or you eating out of my plate." :teethmast

Sorry for the long post but just needed to vent or just talk about it. Feel free to reply or jump in and make a comment.

I traded in an '01 Pathfinder for the Titan and i actually fill up fewer times each month. The difference in gas mileage is only about 2-3 MPG between the two. Also with the Pathfinder you had to use 91 Octane or above...with the Titan you only need 87 Octane. Here in MD they don't have 91 Octane so i had to use 93 Octane.

Granted the tank is larger in the Titan, but the cost difference isn't that great when you consider the $0.30/gal savings in 87 vs. 93. Overall i'm so much happier with the Titan than i ever was with the Pathfinder.

:upsidedow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts