Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to have a 4 children in carseats. If you do the math that means they all don't fit in the back. I'd like to put a switch in my crewcab like there is in the kingcabs. Anyone have any words?

·
Registered
585 Posts
just an idea i think the airbags have their own fuse in the fusebox, if so pull it out and see if it throws up any service lights. if not then find the wire behind the fuse panel for airbags and put a switch on it.

i dont know if this will work or not but just a simple idea

·
TitanTalk.com Sticker Source
408 Posts
the front passenger airbag will turn its self off if it detects less then 75 pounds in the seat and the light under the A/C controls will light up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew there was a certain amount of weight required to activate the airbag. I could just disconnect the wires but I wanted to make it as sure as I can. I wanted to be able to enable/disable reliably. No room for error here. That was why I'm thinking that I'd like to put in a factory on/off switch. Has anybody done it or know of anyone who has done anything like it?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I'm about to have a 4 children in carseats. If you do the math that means they all don't fit in the back. I'd like to put a switch in my crewcab like there is in the kingcabs. Anyone have any words?
Man I thought I had it bad with 3 seats across the back. Good luck with 4 and like others have posted the airbag should remain disabled with a car seat and a baby.

·
Registered
585 Posts
and my king cab doesn't have a switch. just the weight sensor

as long as it lights up with your kid and carseat on the seat then the air bag is off and your good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts