Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone who knows about these things chime in please, im getting ready to order some bags and parts and fab up my air ride. I'm going with bolt on air struts in front I think and maybe a 4-link in the rear but I would like some advice and pics of the rear setups from those who have been there. I'm not looking to go super low because I still have a loooooong way to go on my warrenty and im not wanting to chop the frame just yet but im thinking I can tuck 24's with this setup.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
u sure your 24's will tuck... from the looks of it you'll need to roll your fenders at the least

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u sure your 24's will tuck... from the looks of it you'll need to roll your fenders at the least
oh yeah, they are already inside the fenders about an inch. I had to modd the front calipers for the wheels to fit up there without hitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
If it is your daily driver I wouldn't do it....Just some words of wisdom from someone who dailied 3 bagged trucks in the past. I would never drive a bagged vehicle daily ever again, no matter how good of a setup you have stuff will break. It is not the craftsmanship of your work, rather the crappy parts you will be purchasing. I bought the most expensive stuff on the last truck I built and it still broke, I spent $5,000-6,000 on the setup on my 2003 S-10 and first day the brand new VIAIR Compressors crapped out. However I never had one problem with my wiring, air lines or welding, I also had 3 AirLift bags come apart. If you decide you have to bag it don't bother with anything besides Slam Specialties Bags.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it is your daily driver I wouldn't do it....Just some words of wisdom from someone who dailied 3 bagged trucks in the past. I would never drive a bagged vehicle daily ever again, no matter how good of a setup you have stuff will break. It is not the craftsmanship of your work, rather the crappy parts you will be purchasing. I bought the most expensive stuff on the last truck I built and it still broke, I spent $5,000-6,000 on the setup on my 2003 S-10 and first day the brand new VIAIR Compressors crapped out. However I never had one problem with my wiring, air lines or welding, I also had 3 AirLift bags come apart. If you decide you have to bag it don't bother with anything besides Slam Specialties Bags.
I have a car that I drive daily but if I dont bag it, the other thing I was looking at is a body drop but not a traditional or channel drop but to cut off the body mounts and lower them and reweld them where I like it on the frame.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
You're actually going through with this, good luck. I like the body drop personally.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're actually going through with this, good luck. I like the body drop personally.
yeah i'll have it done in the next few weeks prob. and i'm really leaning more on the side of the body drop because of the fact of less mechanical parts to fail and costs, im all about free and I just like to build it myself.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had an older 98 model explorer when I first got into airbagged cars/trucks/suv's etc. I first off ripped out my stock suspension and used bolt in stuff. I later wound up replacing everything and saved up the money to have everything cut and welded in properly. If you do this and you plan on keeping it on the ground... you might as well as save up and do it all the right way the first time and not have to rip out stuff and redo it later. Not that im saying a bolt on strut or bag assy is a bad idea. but its like lifing a truck... why do a 2" lift now if your going to want to do an 8" lift later. "IF" you plan on going lower later dont waste the money now save up and go all out the first time. just my 2 cents. I redid my suspension 3 times. By the time it was done on the explorer it was dual ported half inch lines and was laying frame all the way around. Good luck titans look pretty clean on the ground as well as in the air. Also remember suspension is all about mathmatics. You have to take in account everything the truck will do when each part is welded or mounted. One off angle will pinch a bag or kill your wiring or lines then you have to redo it again. Take your time doing it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts