·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the air box mod

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
im not sure but basicly you drill holes and such in the airbox so it breathes better..

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if anyone has more info let me know.....and does it really help or should i just buy an intake

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but it is worth it huh....bout how long does it take

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Took mine apart, like the instructions say, cleaned everything up, cleaned the wheelwell under the box, disassembled the intake tube, cut it, filed it, smoothed the edge, deburred a lip inside the box to smooth out the tube for better airflow, reassemled everything, shooting pictures along the way..... 25 minutes from hood open to hood closed - and I think I was slow..... :D

Pretty easy mod to do. Nifty sound, too. Plus combined with the 2° timing advance, it sure feels like it's got a bit more spunk! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats good man i may start on that in a little bit and the 2* mod is good too....i am waitin for [tomnymods] to pm me back about doin it for me

·
Super Moderator
35,645 Posts
oxmach said:
but it is worth it huh....bout how long does it take
If you read the How To you should be the best determiner of how long it would take based on your skill and understanding.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
If you don't take it apart, and don't feel like cleaning anything, you can probably do it in about 10 minutes. That's just not my style, but others may not be as anal as I am about my truck.... :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya well i am the same if i am going to do something i am going to do it right the first time....that is why my cars are allways clean i am a freak like that

·
Registered
602 Posts
I got a check engine light when i done mine

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats not to good did you get the code pulled

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool man then i may do that instead

·
Registered
602 Posts
I reset the uce then it came back the next day. done it again then came on on the way to work and reset again and stopped by autozone to see what they found but they said there was nothing there from where i reset the ecu and then it did not come back again. so just be forewarned that u might get a code but it is easy to do. i just took a fillet knife and torch and heated the knife up and cut it out that kept peices out of the box. had to heat the knife a couple of times. and took about 10 min

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just did mine yesterday. I approached it with trepidation because I have never really dug into working on my truck. I am extremely good with electronics, construction, etc. but have never learned about my truck. With 97K on it, I figured it's about time to start! From start to finish it took me 15 minutes! I was a little unclear about the "pull it out with constant pressure" thing but once it was out, I understood cleary. I used my sawzall with a plastic blade to make the cut and it worked great. Since this is my first post, I will be humble and hopefully advise a "newbie" like myself. While extracting the inlet from the box, i applied too much pressure with a flat blade to one of the tabs and drove my screwdriver right through. I sealed my mistake and I can't believe this will be a problem. If I'm wrong, somebody let me know!

Also, I just purchased new powerslot rotors and a mityvac. I intend on swapping them out this weekend. I am looking at Akebono ceramic, EBC ceramic, or Hawk semi-metallic. Powerslot recommends a semi-metallic but I am concerned about the heat. Can someone enlighten me and maybe offer some suggestions regarding this topic?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts