Nissan Titan Forum banner

air condition problem (help)

5K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Manukofi 
#1 ·
My air condition knob is not working because as soon
as i turn the air on it automatically goes to high instead of going from
low to high.what do i need to do to fix this problem:

#2 ·
i have a similar problem. mine's stuck on high and the control switch just freely turns. i am out of warranty and they told me it would be $500.00 parts and labor. i figure since it still blows air for now not to spend that much money. oh well

#3 ·
Will the knob pull out? I know on other vehicles if the inside piece strips out it will just free spin. The metal piece behind the knob itself should be a half circle with one flat side. Inside the knob on the back is a matching slot with a metal piece inside of it, this is where it will strip out. Like I said I don't know if this holds true for the Titans but I have ran into this on several other vehicles. Hope it helps. If this is it its just a replacement knob so good luck.

#5 ·
mine just turns off by it self, i have to turn it off then put it back on for it to start blowing again

#7 ·
If the knob is stripped you probably need an AC control head.
If the knob is working but the fan has only 1 speed you are in need of a Variable Blower Control Module part #27151-5Z000 $34.18 dlr cost
It is just a fancy name for what used to be called a fan switch resistor.
Pretty minor repair and fairly common on our trucks

#8 ·
I have a different problem, I don't know if it's normal maybe the guys with high temperatures could help me out, 100+ degrees. When I come to a stop light sometimes the compressor comes of and get hot air coming in instead of cold air. Has anyone gotten this same issue?

#9 ·
Nissan Mike said:
If the knob is stripped you probably need an AC control head.
If the knob is working but the fan has only 1 speed you are in need of a Variable Blower Control Module part #27151-5Z000 $34.18 dlr cost
It is just a fancy name for what used to be called a fan switch resistor.
Pretty minor repair and fairly common on our trucks
any idea how much the ac control head should cost?

#10 · (Edited)
odbrs said:
I have a different problem, I don't know if it's normal maybe the guys with high temperatures could help me out, 100+ degrees. When I come to a stop light sometimes the compressor comes of and get hot air coming in instead of cold air. Has anyone gotten this same issue?
You sound like a candidate for NTB 05-065A
http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/2005/NTB05-065.htm

#11 ·
go to a junkyard that has a bunch of newer make totaled vehicles and buy the ac unit out of that so youve got all the parts you need...the places near me you can pick up most parts you need really cheap

#14 ·
Ok, the dealer is still telling me its a 134 bucks. He says that its not a manual blower(??) its something about auto air.. As far as I know.... it's manual when I have to tell it how hard to blow. I could be completely wrong though so I appreciate any more help, cause I don't want to drop that much money and it turn out being the wrong thing.

Thanks guys.

#18 ·
#20 ·
Ya, so my fan stopped blowing the cold air out. It still produces cold air, but it wont blow it through the vents. I went to a salvage yard and bought a blower motor and a VBC off of an '07 Titan and replaced the two parts, but unfortunately it didnt fix the problem. : ( Any advice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.