Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
would air in the brake lines cause a sqeak/creaking kind of sound? my truck is making this type of sound but only when i apply the brakes and can only be heard at low speads...i've tried hearing the sound under all types of different conditions and its only consistent when braking and right after releasing the brakes. And as a little side note, I've tried going through bumps/dips at low speeds without braking to see if its the suspension but the sound is not present here??? so im confused...any help is appreciated..thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Do you have any sponge-like feel in the brake pedal? Air will usually cause the pedal to feel wierd. Usually squeaks and rattles occur from the pads/rotors/calipers. I would suspect these before air in the brake lines.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dss90c said:
Do you have any sponge-like feel in the brake pedal? Air will usually cause the pedal to feel wierd. Usually squeaks and rattles occur from the pads/rotors/calipers. I would suspect these before air in the brake lines.
the brakes actually feel normal to me..i should also note that i did notice that the new stainless line that was conncect at the caliper had some break fluid residue and was a little lose, so i tightened it w/no change in problem. This is kinda what got me going on the sound being from the brakes

·
Registered
184 Posts
If the line was loose, you might want to bleed them just to be sure.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I don't think it's the brakes. I'd say that it's likely the Lower Control arm sliding fore/aft due to some extra slop in the mounts. PRG has delrin spacers to fix the problem.

I was gonna suggest that it was the front shocks, but I see you have SAW's.

·
Premium Member
58,380 Posts
If you had air in your brake lines you'd be asking about things other than squeeks. There must be something else wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts