Nissan Titan Forum banner

Which Intake Do You Have?

21 - 40 of 755 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
jessefrank said:
Just wanted to post an update on the Fujita5 intake. I recently contacted them via email.
Question:
Hello. I have a 2005 Nissan Titan and interested in your air intake system. Is it currently available and what is the cost?

Answer:
Thank you for your email. Please go to ptuning.com. They have free shipping and a great rebate right now. BTW, the Titan will be released tomorrow.

Price on Ptuning.com 321.95(free shipping)
Link: http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-De...005 Nissan Titan 5.6L&ModelDesc=Universal Fit

Thanks Sammy for all the info.

$322, ouch! I've added it now.

·
Premium Member
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update, I've now added a poll to this thread to show who's got what.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Great thread. I have the AEM dryflow on order and should be picking it up this week from Stillen.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I doubt the AEM added all that hp and trq with just the intake alone. same design as some others and they dont gain that, even if they did I highly doubt a stock truck would gain all that with just an intake

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
just ordered the True Flow panel filter (no CAI, which was 225, btw) for 35 bucks plus another 12.50 for the filter kit. will keep y'all posted on results and such.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
True-flow®

just an update. i installed my TRUE-FLOW® panel filter last night and then disconnected my battery for a while. after hooking back up, i went for a drive. it seemed pretty stock (sound and performance) at low speed and partial throttle. then when you would step on it HARD, it seemed to rev easier at higher RPMs. i need to put her on a dyno, but it definately seems worth the 32 bucks that the filter costs.

Reactions: milertyme03

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a concern on the CAI
if you look at the Graph on the Brute force look at the Torque between 2900 and 3500 you loose alot of torque but pick it up farther into the Rpm's
I spend most of the time at 2500 to 3000 RPM doing normal driving i just dont want to loose the torque to gain HP at 4000
however
Nismo has a torque and HP gain across the whole spectrum but the total gains are not that much
i wish we could come up with best of both worlds
a noticeable torque and HP increrase across the whole spectrum
I had the Volant Gen 2 on my truck for 2 days and took it off because of noise and a loss of torque on the low end
JMO

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
Calhoun687 said:
I have a concern on the CAI
if you look at the Graph on the Brute force look at the Torque between 2900 and 3500 you loose alot of torque but pick it up farther into the Rpm's
I spend most of the time at 2500 to 3000 RPM doing normal driving i just dont want to loose the torque to gain HP at 4000
however
Nismo has a torque and HP gain across the whole spectrum but the total gains are not that much
i wish we could come up with best of both worlds
a noticeable torque and HP increrase across the whole spectrum
I had the Volant Gen 2 on my truck for 2 days and took it off because of noise and a loss of torque on the low end
JMO

I think when the TBS is added it will increase it in the rpm range you are looking at.

·
Registered
329 Posts
i worry about the maf contamination.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Truck41 said:
i worry about the maf contamination.
So was I. That's why I got the AEM Brute Force with DRYFLOW.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I almost put a Volant in my Dodge but never did. When I bought my Titan that was the first thing I was going to do. After reading some reviews on this site I think I am going to go with the AFE Stage II. Volant claims a gain of 20HP & 40lbs of Torque respectively. I can't believe they put that on their web site. Do they think we're stupid.:imwithstu Looks nice but from everything I have read about vibration problems I don't want to take a chance.

21 - 40 of 755 Posts