Nissan Titan Forum banner

Which Intake Do You Have?

41 - 60 of 754 Posts

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
budhound said:
I almost put a Volant in my Dodge but never did. When I bought my Titan that was the first thing I was going to do. After reading some reviews on this site I think I am going to go with the AFE Stage II. Volant claims a gain of 20HP & 40lbs of Torque respectively. I can't believe they put that on their web site. Do they think we're stupid.:imwithstu Looks nice but from everything I have read about vibration problems I don't want to take a chance.
Well hopefully the 3Rd gen. Volant has got all those problems worked out. Seems like every day i hear something else that makes me worry about my impulse buy. LOL

·
Registered
167 Posts
I hear ya roy365. I think it really comes down to preference. Everybody has an opion. I say we take this vote, take the top 3 intakes and someone out there Dyno Test them. So, someone get on that.:lol:

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
budhound said:
I hear ya roy365. I think it really comes down to preference. Everybody has an opion. I say we take this vote, take the top 3 intakes and someone out there Dyno Test them. So, someone get on that.:lol:
I am all about that myself.........but to me the more complicated issue is the ECU reset. I cant get a good answer here. I would like to hear from everyone telling how they did it......how often.......the results.

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
roy365 said:
Someone help this guy!!!! Sounds like the he has been bitten by the "spend alot of money to get a little performance" bug!!!!!!
Stop the sniveling Roy, he's in the zone and you're not.

Bring it.:evillaugh

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello folks...I'm brand new to the Titan world as well as this site. Got a 2006 Titan SE and haven't done a thing to it yet. I'm interested in putting a performance air intake, but I no very little about any of them. I want a good balance of HP and MPG. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ordered AEM Brute force dryflow from stillen today and cost $261 plus shipping. Will let ya'll know results, Prior to the AEM my gas mileage best was 16.3 all HWY with just over 4000 miles on the truck. Oh I have a flowmaster 50 series three chamber on there as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
budhound said:
I almost put a Volant in my Dodge but never did. When I bought my Titan that was the first thing I was going to do. After reading some reviews on this site I think I am going to go with the AFE Stage II. Volant claims a gain of 20HP & 40lbs of Torque respectively. I can't believe they put that on their web site. Do they think we're stupid.:imwithstu Looks nice but from everything I have read about vibration problems I don't want to take a chance.
I ahd the AFE and now I have the Volant V3. Neither gave me any vibration although it seems a lot of AFE guys are now having vibration as well but the AFE did make my truck run rich enough to throw a code and make the SES light come on every couple of days. As for the gains the Volant seems to have given a good deal more in the low end than the AFE. Just thought I would throw that out there to make your decision tougher. Don't get me wrong though if the AFE didn't throw a code I loved it and would have been very happy to keep it but so far I like the Volant a little better.

Oh how do I cange my vote in the poll from AFE to Volant ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hummm...I have been trying to decide what intake to buy Volant gen3 or AEM Brute Force? A question was raised today about the Volant ramair induction. Will it suck up water if the intake opening is submerged? Something to think about. So, anyway which one is the best all around air inducetion system?!? HELP!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would think the ram air duct would be high enough not to be a risk of sucking up water in normal conditions. For offroading I wouldn't even think about it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had the Airaid system. I talked to our local truck performance place and the guy there told me that this system beats out the AEM Brute Force on flow numbers. Is this true? Which one is good and doesn't set a code? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Coop said:
I was wondering if anyone had the Airaid system. I talked to our local truck performance place and the guy there told me that this system beats out the AEM Brute Force on flow numbers. Is this true? Which one is good and doesn't set a code? Thanks for the help.
I'm gonna guess he is an Airaid dealer. The AEM is a better intake.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Injen Powerflow
I was wondering if anyone had any information about the Injen intake? I see it supposedly produces a gain of about 28hp but it has not been referenced in this thread as one of the recommended. I am looking to purchase an intake and I would have thought this would have been the best of all the intakes because of the claimed horsepower gain which is much more then all the others. I would appreciate it if anyone has any information or opinions on this product.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hey Joey, and welcome. There is a member here that is waiting for one to come in as we speak. He will be doing before and after dynos with the Ingen and his new exhaust. I think he was planning to do it this week end. So hold tight and we will see how it performs. A lot of products claim horse, lets see what it does in the real world first. The reason it is not on this thread is because we have only heard about the intake either this month or last and this thread was started a while ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am interested in purchasing a intake system too. I have been trying to research which one will be the best. I seem to like the new injen powerflow intake, but since it is so new there are not many reviews on it. Guess I will just have to wait, but for now I am going to purchase the new Volant LED tail lights :jester:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I do like the ingen, but I like the idea of a dry filter more. That is why in the end I chose the Brute force.

·
Registered
279 Posts
where is the info on the INJEN intake. Im curious as of how it worked out, sound , power. Im interested in this intake if anyone has this intake please post info.:cheers:

41 - 60 of 754 Posts