Nissan Titan Forum banner

Which Intake Do You Have?

• Total voters
681 - 700 of 734 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like the Airaid dry filter with a "pre filter" might be best for my truck. Are you guys sure I wont need any re-flash or tune when switching to this CAI? I can convince the wife to let me put this on her new truck but if I gotta start sending it in for "tune work" she is gonna put her foot down.

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Sounds like the Airaid dry filter with a "pre filter" might be best for my truck. Are you guys sure I wont need any re-flash or tune when switching to this CAI? I can convince the wife to let me put this on her new truck but if I gotta start sending it in for "tune work" she is gonna put her foot down.
No tune needed. That said, tunes are simple and you don't "have to send it in" anywhere. Handhelds are plug and play tuning, and uprev is done through email. Again, you won't need any of those, but they are incredibly simple.

·
Premium Member
19,557 Posts
Once she feels the performance gains she really will want to "put her foot down" on the go-pedal. :)

·
Registered
21,015 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the Spectre CAI? Autoanything has them really cheap right now. Worth a shot or should I just go with the tried and true Airraid? Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There are way too many to choose from lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone replaced their Volant filter as of yet? Mines up and i'd like to go with the newer style they offer but not sure what one.
cheers

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
So far so good my mpg went back up to 18 and it's not a loud at wot as the aFe and no fender rattle as the banks I had before the aFe would plus much easier to service than the banks and the aFe

Truck ran rough for the first 10 min after install but that cleared up after tuner and ecu calibrated for larger air flow

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
does it just run rough at first till the ecu can adapt? i read there is no need to retune or flash for an intake on titans.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the Spectre CAI? Autoanything has them really cheap right now. Worth a shot or should I just go with the tried and true Airraid? Thanks.
I purchased a Spectre a month ago. I love the system! quality appears to be solid. Huge 4" tube! Good butt dyno gains and sounds incredible at WOT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Raising this from the dead, has anyone have real data on the spectre intake? I'm not really concerned about the price as I like the other intakes I would normally go AEM, or even some others. Or would I be better off with a Nismo of from ebay for results, not looking to save gas, just horsepower. I will be limited in my choices due to not spending money with those that fix the prices on the market but that a whole other topic that I will not be getting into. I have been looking for used options in this as well but it has been pretty slim so far.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Raising this from the dead, has anyone have real data on the spectre intake? I'm not really concerned about the price as I like the other intakes I would normally go AEM, or even some others. Or would I be better off with a Nismo of from ebay for results, not looking to save gas, just horsepower. I will be limited in my choices due to not spending money with those that fix the prices on the market but that a whole other topic that I will not be getting into. I have been looking for used options in this as well but it has been pretty slim so far.
Most here would point you to an Airaid MXP. General consensus is that will give you the most gains. Total Automotive Performance, AutoAnything, and CarID are all vendors. Chas and Mike with TAP are fantastic to deal with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
snave,
I have no doubts that TAP are fantastic to deal with as I see how they interact with their customers, Carid last time I dealt with them I wanted to rip my hair out as the service with them was well to put it nicely less than stellar. I would love to own a Airaid MXP but I dont agree with their business practices ( again I will not get into that, but just know I not against paying a price for a product that works or perform as I know R&D is expensive. This is coming from a guy that bought COBB, AEM, INJEN products before I knew what they did or before they did these things. Not about price but principle from me)

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
If airaid is out, and price isn't an issue, S&B would be my next choice. Followed my nismo, aem, or k&n.

·
Registered
3 Posts
10 years late, but I'm the new owner of an '05 Titan with a K&N FIPK system. I don't have any base intake experience to judge it against, but I've always been a fan of K&N stuff in the past so I was pleased to find the complete system under the hood. I think it says something about a previous owner you find evidence that they paid premium for parts.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does anyone know if the factory intake on the Titan is particularly restrictive to begin with? I mean, is the engine air-starved? The factory intake is fed from a hole to the fender well, so it's not pulling air from the engine bay. I could see noticeable gains from an aftermarket intake if the stock intake is starving the engine. Most stock intakes don't typically starve the engine, at least not that I've seen.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
i think the stock airbox is the restrictive part.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Does anyone know if the factory intake on the Titan is particularly restrictive to begin with? I mean, is the engine air-starved? The factory intake is fed from a hole to the fender well, so it's not pulling air from the engine bay. I could see noticeable gains from an aftermarket intake if the stock intake is starving the engine. Most stock intakes don't typically starve the engine, at least not that I've seen.

I know it's restrictive. When I replaced mine with The Injen CAI, I gained a couple hundred RPM's before it got the grunt sound. At highways speeds, it also get a few mph before I hit 70mph @ 2000 RPM's (3.36 gears). Now it's @ 72-73MPH.

·
Premium Member
57,711 Posts
I know it's restrictive. When I replaced mine with The Injen CAI, I gained a couple hundred RPM's before it got the grunt sound. At highways speeds, it also get a few mph before I hit 70mph @ 2000 RPM's (3.36 gears). Now it's @ 72-73MPH.
I'm confused. Are you saying your Titan goes 2 to 3 mph faster with the Injen at the same rpm as it did before with the stock air filter box?

681 - 700 of 734 Posts