Nissan Titan Forum banner

Which Intake Do You Have?

• Total voters
701 - 720 of 734 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm confused. Are you saying your Titan goes 2 to 3 mph faster with the Injen at the same rpm as it did before with the stock air filter box?

That's exactly it! I only notice it @ higher speeds in overdrive. I don't think it's because of "Injen". It's just breathing better. I'll snap a pic next time I get on the freeway.

·
Registered
559 Posts
That's exactly it! I only notice it @ higher speeds in overdrive. I don't think it's because of "Injen". It's just breathing better. I'll snap a pic next time I get on the freeway.
I get the seat of the pants feeling, and better breathing, but if your torque converter is locked, the gear ratio is the gear ratio, and the RPMs at a particular mph can't change. I'm betting this is all "fun-factor" improvement, and sure, the truck feels quicker (but not faster at a given RPM). Make sense? Hope so, not trying to bust on you.

Cheers!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I get the seat of the pants feeling, and better breathing, but if your torque converter is locked, the gear ratio is the gear ratio, and the RPMs at a particular mph can't change. I'm betting this is all "fun-factor" improvement, and sure, the truck feels quicker (but not faster at a given RPM). Make sense? Hope so, not trying to bust on you.

Cheers!

Looking at the odometer, it is above 70mph @ 2000 RPM's but not by much. It was dead on. IDK...If I smoked, I'd be second guessing myself, but I'll double check next time I'm on the road anyway and snap a pic. Lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a banks and I love the heck out of it!!

·
Registered
214 Posts

Cheers!

Sorry it took so long. I was wrong. At 70mph it was dead on 2000. 75+ seemes different, but maybe not. I'm @ 2100rpm @ 75mph. Where are y'all sitting @75mph?

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm confused. Are you saying your Titan goes 2 to 3 mph faster with the Injen at the same rpm as it did before with the stock air filter box?

I think that's exactly what he's saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lets rejuvenate this thread. It's 2017, any new tech out there now? Idc if tune ups are needed,what's the best out there now? I do a lot of crawling in mud and limestone (some flying through). Limestone needs immediate rpms to sling it out from tread or no matter what tires and tread u have you're done.
I also pull a Mahindra 4025 tractor with front end loader,mower and box blade (sometimes more) so beis get able to get some gains at 2500 would be nice too for interstate.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Lets rejuvenate this thread. It's 2017, any new tech out there now?
Good Idea! :thumbsup:

I'm still running an Airaid MXP CAI w/ my GW77 4" Ram-Air Mod.

I just bought a replacement filter for it. I went a different route & bought an RC2 Black Hex Series Air Filter & Pre-Filter.

I really like the tech & design of the RC2 Black Hex Series Fllters! So i'm going to give it a go!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Good Idea! :thumbsup:

I'm still running an Airaid MXP CAI w/ my GW77 4" Ram-Air Mod.

I just bought a replacement filter for it. I went a different route & bought an RC2 Black Hex Series Air Filter & Pre-Filter.

I really like the tech & design of the RC2 Black Hex Series Fllters! So i'm going to give it a go!

So those are together? I'm confused but I'll look it all up and put it together. I'm a giant gear and just about all things mod NOOB. What advantages have u seen as you've evolved into that setup? Low end,high end etc

·
Banned
319 Posts
Hello??? Do any of you know about the S&B cai for our Titans?? It is one sharp piece, reasonably priced and performs exceptionally well. It has a loud screaming banshee sound under WOT. I own one and wouldn't have anything else.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
So those are together? I'm confused but I'll look it all up and put it together. I'm a giant gear and just about all things mod NOOB. What advantages have u seen as you've evolved into that setup? Low end,high end etc
Yes, I just replaced my MXP Air Filer w/ a RC2 Black Hex Series Filter. I had an "Oiled" MXP Filter & it requires you to re-oil it after you clean it.
(Will add pic's later, Photobucket is not responding at the moment???)

IMO the RC2 Filter is a better design & is much easier to clean when needed! :thumbsup:
Black Hex Series Conical Filters

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Ok, now Photobucket seems to be working again.

Here are a few pic's of my Intake Setup. Including my Airaid MXP CAI & newly added RC2 Black Hex Series Air Filter w/ Pre-Filter.

Just FYI - It does involve a little Modding to get the RC2 to fit in the Airaid MXP Airbox.

·
Premium Member
68,576 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Are my pic's showing up on here guy's???

I posted a few pic's yesterday, but now it don't see them...

·
Premium Member
508 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Airaid with JBA headers, cajun B pies and uprev tune. I did not see any increase in mileage. Should I see any. I try not to drive like its stolen. Tough in this truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased an Injen Power Flow Air Intake for my 2018 Titan SV crew cab. does anyone have experience / info with gains and this combo? Many thanks and just have to say.... I LOVE this truck!

701 - 720 of 734 Posts