Premium Member
1,345 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,274 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I installed a Spectre Performance 9951 Air Intake Kit from Amazon $ 177.00 Sounds great when you get in to the throttle some. Seems to have better response.
Air Intake.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
That’s a tight fit wonder why the others look so roomy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its got lots of room but I think the pipe is bigger then the other ones. After having it on for 1 month now I have bested my MPG. I now average 22.5 (I am from Canada so its 10.5lt to 100 average) and the power is for sure there on mid role more then from standing start. Plus added a great engine sound.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I didn’t read all 37 pages, but does anyone have any before and after dyno graphs that aren’t provided by the manufacturer, or perhaps a before and after 1/4 mile drag time?
Is the stock airbox so restrictive to where a cone filter on the end of the tube actually increases the amount of air that is going in? Generally speaking, “cold air intakes” are just gimmicks but they look cool. The air coming in from the stock airbox is already “cold”. So the “cooler dense air” makes more power power thing is moot. It’s not sucking in “hot air” like a carbureted motor does. It’s already coming from inside the fender. The larger intake tube isn’t helping either because by the time the air goes through the intake manifold and cylinder heads it’s restricted again to the same size as stock, so there’s not actually more air going through the motor. Think of the motor as an hour glass. The big parts of the glass are the air intake tube and exhaust system, and the skinny part is the cylinder heads. If I make the big parts of the glass larger but not the small middle section the sand will still flow through at the same rate as before. See what I’m getting at? I’ve had “cold air intakes” on several vehicles through the years and none of them went any faster than they did stock. They sound faster though because they don’t have the air silencers like the stock box does.
So any real world test from real people showing these 20+ hp gains? The human mind is a powerful thing. We can “feel” extra power even when it’s not really there because we spent X amount of money on something and we want to “feel” the gains from our hard earned money.

721 - 732 of 732 Posts