Nissan Titan Forum banner

Which Intake Do You Have?

• Total voters
741 - 745 of 745 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oiling a filter is a PITA. Over-oiling a filter is easy to do and can lead to MAF sensor issues. For me, it just isn't worth my time. But you'll find plenty of folks that are K&N fanboys.

Watch this YouTube video by Project Farm where he compares an oiled K&N to other brands of normal filters. The K&N didn't perform that well compared to less expensive filters. My Volant Powercore used a Donaldson filter that was good for 50,000 miles.

Good info thx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys . Just got done installing my injen intake. I have a left over hose that was attached to the Bottom of airbox. Anyone know were in should hook it up to? Thx

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't have any of these. i was holding out for the Nismo, because nissan titan..Nismo..just makes sence right? so i bought a cheap spectre for about $130 to hold me over. then I started thinking while installing it. how are there so many variants in horse power and price? they are mostly all the same size pipe with the same bend with the same cone shape filter and put the MAF in the same spot, I mean for the most part. and in theory without a tune for the CAI wouldnt the MAF do its job and adjust?My friend has the same truck as me, 2014 sv flex fuel crew cab. he has an volant. so we traded for 2 weeks. my spectre in his truck and his volant in mine. its like the trucks didnt even know the difference. so does anyone have any actual science that it all just isnt brand and marketing? not being a smart a** or raining on parades but...I would really like to know.

·
Premium Member
69,521 Posts
All I see that they do is one makes more racket than the other. Any aftermarket intake would drive me crazy towing. I don't want to hear a bunch of moaning and groaning from under the hood for hours on end. Kind of like flipping the air filter top on an old chevy to hear the four barrel moaning. I did the stock air box mod though. It makes sense. Search the site for that one. It's free.

741 - 745 of 745 Posts