Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I crawl through the woods and frequently drive through my fresh cut fields of dog fennel and cleared wooded areas which have all kinds of debris left behind. Most here suggest airbags but I'm concerned they may get punctured or torn while inflated or deflated (they would obviously be deflated if I'm in the above conditions 99% of the time). If there's a set of helper springs that don't effect non-tow ride I would prefer those. I don't want to be paranoid about bags getting torn up. I am disabled so if I do go bags I would need to install them to be aired up w/o me needing to attempt any crazy maneuvering. So on board compressor and a relay in cab would be the best if even possible. The ride comfort if i go springs needs to be great to bc of my disability, i have severe neuropathy and hyper sensitivity from the waist down. Thx in advance for any help. Especially if there's any with disabilities.

Sent by my thumbs using whatever means necessary

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
well adding leafs will not work for you in your situation with health.
I would go with air bags. now which ones, you`ll have to research and go from there, as this can be complicated or very simple, depending on what you want to do each time the bags need filling and deflating.

I have used AirLift bags in the front on some vehicles and in the rear. I also run independent air lines to preven the air from one bag moving to the other side. this controls body roll.

you also have to take into consideration how much articulation of your suspension comes into play. as long as your not hanging the wheels in the air, you should be fine since your are leaf sprung and not coils.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well adding leafs will not work for you in your situation with health.
I would go with air bags. now which ones, you`ll have to research and go from there, as this can be complicated or very simple, depending on what you want to do each time the bags need filling and deflating.

I have used AirLift bags in the front on some vehicles and in the rear. I also run independent air lines to preven the air from one bag moving to the other side. this controls body roll.

you also have to take into consideration how much articulation of your suspension comes into play. as long as your not hanging the wheels in the air, you should be fine since your are leaf sprung and not coils.

Thank you Mind if I pm u any questions I have?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Easy way. Firestone Ride Rite setup with the Firestone Wireless Air Command compressor setup.

They've been on wish list for awhile now.

I believe I've read some people say that some of the other brands ride a little rougher even when deflated than the Firestone ones.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,587 Posts
I got my Firestones from a member used. I like them a lot. No change in the ride at all.

Reactions: TheeKB

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my Firestones from a member used. I like them a lot. No change in the ride at all.

Easy way. Firestone Ride Rite setup with the Firestone Wireless Air Command compressor setup.

They've been on wish list for awhile now.

I believe I've read some people say that some of the other brands ride a little rougher even when deflated than the Firestone ones.

Have u guys used them in off-road conditions? Are they durable? How hard are they to puncture or cut?

·
Registered
327 Posts
The most off roading I do is a corn field. Considering where they set though, I'd think it would be hard for stuff to get to them and​ ripping out an air line would be more likely. So would have to be careful running those.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
If you get into a situation where you can damage the airbag , then they will be the least of your worries, as most likely you're also risking brake lines, driveshaft, shackles, ETC. The problem with off roading with them is that some for the Titan mount on the outside of the frame, and the tire rubs them under flex, or even if they are just wider. I've had my bags on since spring '15, and I'm in the dirt all the time. Never an issue with them. Most bare basic kits come with valve-stemmed hoses that can be routed to different areas, the fuel door, and the rear bumper are the most popular spots. This lets you check/adjust them manually, but at an easy access point. While I have a convoluted, homemade auto-air system, my mother in law has stems at the rear license plate (01 GMC 2500). Her system is actually far more trouble free than mine. The wireless fancy adjustable units are fine, but very pricey. The more you add to the system, the more attention it requires. For most applications where someone wants or needs airbags, I suggest the simple, mount, bag, and hoses package. You can mount your valves almost wherever you want to access them, and they hook right up to your standard coin-op gas station compressor, or even a bicycle pump if needs be. They are a lot smaller than tires, so the adjustments take a lot less time as well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Okay, now those look interesting. You guys are freaking killing my wallet.

Hahaha!! Ikr!? But all of it is so [email protected]$$ ,efficient and improves performance all around. Choices,choices,choices
Thanks guys! This is really helping a lot and saving me from a HUGE learning curve.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It would be the best option for you to visit a physical store. Some of the stores provide a real-life sample or at least some demo videos on the product. You could list out your requirements in terms of durability and so on, and the store will match with the level of quality that you need. Some air bags puncture easily because they are not meant for off-road, but there are indeed those especially for the said purpose.

Reactions: TheeKB

·
Registered
203 Posts
It would be the best option for you to visit a physical store. Some of the stores provide a real-life sample or at least some demo videos on the product. You could list out your requirements in terms of durability and so on, and the store will match with the level of quality that you need. Some air bags puncture easily because they are not meant for off-road, but there are indeed those especially for the said purpose.
ICK! Really? I'd much rather post on here and look for help from actual Titan owners with real world experience vs salesman saying 'this is the one (bc the package says meets your required list) and their bs video demo's.!? ugh. Sorry to sound rude but dang man - It's like going to the rv store and they sell you a 14,000lb travel trailer cuz "hell yeah you got a titan you can tow that with ease. 'big toe package' nah that's just extra stuff they sell you that you don't need"

Sorry - /end rant!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts