Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This could go under a few sections, so I thought this was most acceptable! I’m going to try and explain all this installation through the order of the pictures. I’m pretty bad about actually taking the pictures as I’m working through a project. If I miss something or somebody has other questions just ask.

So to start with I ran power directly from the battery, included an inline 30amp fuse, and ran the wire across the engine bay. I ran the wire through the firewall via a grommet that is under the dash and right above the cable for the hood release. On the left side of your foot there is a panel that pops in via a clip on the back and one at the front. I mounted a relay right behind it. I ran the power wire to the relay and back out, down the bottom edge of the carpet/trim. I also ran a wire directly to ground for triggering the relay.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
As I stated, I ran the power wire down the carpet/trim edge. I also did quite a bit of work through the upper center console to mount the switches for the airbags, a gauge for the bags, a gauge for the system pressure, and a power switch to trigger the air compressor. I ran the wires for the power switch up the driver side a pillar as well as the left side airbag hose. Down the right side I ran the supply hose and the right airbag hose. *Note: I also had to fish out the wires for the rear power window switch and splice them together and ran the switch down next to the tow/haul button under the radio.* I ran the airline down the respective sides of the cab along the bottom edge, under the trim along the edge of the carpet. (2nd picture) I drilled 4 holes at the back of the cab at the lower edge, 2 per side, I found some grommets on amazon and installed those to help protect the wire and airtube. I ran the power and airline down the driver side.I ran both into the frame rail and ran the power out the back side of the frame. I ran the airline for the bag just behind the bag through the frame and then brought it out on the inside section of the frame. I installed the air compressor into the side bin on the bed and ran the power, ground, and airline into it to make final connections to the compressor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Now as you can see, I got carried away and as I said I tucked the airline and power through the frame rail. The airline running to the compressor I brought out and ran along the bumper. Since having onboard air I put a valve on the back by the license plate so I have a way to access the air for tires and such. I continued to the passenger side of the bed and up in-between the bed skin and the inside of the bed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, I did mount an airtank up in my bed. I drilled 2 holes and then mounted the tank with 2 bolts, 2 nuts, 2 lockwasher’s and 4 flat washers. I ran the airline over the wheel and then dropped it behind the cab right to where I have the supply line coming out of the cab. I put a ‘T’ fitting in and ran another valve up to one of holes on the steps. For the line coming out for the right bag I ran through the frame as well just like on the drivers side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The overall install took me quite a while, but I was also working on the rear axle replacement. While I had the carpet peeled back and the headliner down I installed dynamat. The overhead console/switch installation was probably the most difficult part. There is a brace that is above it that keeps the panel from being fully pushed in. And as you can also see from that picture it cracked a little bit on me. Eventually I will pull it down and make an attempt at creating a custom fiberglass piece that allows the gagues to stick out about 1/4” and still screw in like it does now. The power switch up there has a light, and I just tapped into a current ground for the lighting system that already runs up under the headliner. I had mentioned above that I ran the wires down the driver side a-pillar, One runs from the relay to the switch, and the other runs back down to a 12v switched power source. I have no idea what system I tapped into, but since it’s such a small current source and only on occasion I didn’t worry too much about it. See the wiring diagram to fully see what I’m trying to describe.
Thanks for reading!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
908 Posts
I put autometer 2 1/16" gauges up there. I epoxied some autometer angle gauge adapters so the would fit and angle them towards the driver. The epoxy cured smooth and it looks like I made the piece. I dont know the diameter of your gauges but thought I would throw it out there.

·
Premium Member
57,685 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts