Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Aires Bull bar off another member and I put it on tonight. I was wondering is their anyway to mount the bull bar with the tow hooks?It looks like to me that it cannot be done.
Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Don't think it can be done without some cutting. Everyone has taken the tow hooks off.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Yes. Westin and Aries require the towhooks to be ejected. I believe all of them do. The opening in the bumper is not large enough for both to exist in the same spot.

Also, some bullbars require removal of the 4x4 factory skidplate as well due to the shape of the mounting brackets. Some members have cut the brackets to make it work, but that's a bit of a crap shoot, IMO. The Aries can be mounted with the skidplate, however, provided you use a little ingenuity..... I'm living proof of that.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Yes. Westin and Aries require the towhooks to be ejected. I believe all of them do. The opening in the bumper is not large enough for both to exist in the same spot.

Also, some bullbars require removal of the 4x4 factory skidplate as well due to the shape of the mounting brackets. Some members have cut the brackets to make it work, but that's a bit of a crap shoot, IMO. The Aries can be mounted with the skidplate, however, provided you use a little ingenuity..... I'm living proof of that.
don't these bars come with a skid plate?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Not one that covers the underside of the truck like the factory 4x4 plate. It's just a guard on the bottom front of the bullbar that essentially covers the lower bumper opening, but offers little protection to the underside of the truck.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Here's a good pic. The guard is totally in front of the mounting, therefore totally in front of the bumper.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I need some clarification. I have the 2007 LE 4x4. If I install the Westin Bull Bar will I have to remove the factory skid plate underneath? It appears to be well behind the tow hook bolts.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
StrayCat said:
I need some clarification. I have the 2007 LE 4x4. If I install the Westin Bull Bar will I have to remove the factory skid plate underneath? It appears to be well behind the tow hook bolts.
The bracket that the skid plate mounts to is bolted on with the tow hooks. Like Black beauty said...it can be achieved. It will take a little finageling though.:D

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
yeah i had to mount my westin where the tow hooks go, it's not like i ever used the tow hooks anyway.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You have to remove the Tow Hooks and the Skid Plate, but you can reinstall the Skid plate brackets with some patience...using the Bull Bar bolts...and then you can use giant washers instead of the 1.5" tube spacers that come wiht the bull bars...then...you can sawzall the front of the skid plate off and oblong out the back holes and redrill new holes for the front of the skid plate it will work perfect. I am still trying to figure out getting tow hooks back on there. I...actually drive my truck off road and if you get stuck, getting towed out requires hooks...

·
Registered
691 Posts
bosssho said:
You have to remove the Tow Hooks and the Skid Plate, but you can reinstall the Skid plate brackets with some patience...using the Bull Bar bolts...and then you can use giant washers instead of the 1.5" tube spacers that come wiht the bull bars...then...you can sawzall the front of the skid plate off and oblong out the back holes and redrill new holes for the front of the skid plate it will work perfect. I am still trying to figure out getting tow hooks back on there. I...actually drive my truck off road and if you get stuck, getting towed out requires hooks...
i know,

i dont wanna do the bullbar thing bacause of that

but i want the bar for lights

i will get juat a light bar i guess

1 - 12 of 12 Posts