Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting an alarm for the T since I recently had my tailgate stolen. I wanted to see what kind of brands features to look for and what to stay away from.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would say anything with the two way pager.... I had one with the remote start feature as well as the two way pager on my last two vehicles and it was bad @$$! Anytime your alarm gets set off your keypad vibrates and makes noise. And you can adjust the sensitivity so if someone breathes on your truck it goes off completely or sets off a warning beep.

There is also an alarm now that if it is set off it takes a picture through the window, I was looking at it but not too sure how it will work with dark window tint at night.... hope this helps and feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.... I know a lot about this stuff cause I used sell and install car audio....

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Not sure it is the same one (Viper 5901).. But if you want to protect the tailgate, you will need an additional pin or sensor mounted there to detect it's opening. Normal alarms have the doors covered, and the shock sensor would have to be way too sensitive to detect the gate opening..

I solved it with a pin switch to the control system so when the gate opens it trips the alarm

Sorry they got the tailgate. hope not too much damage when they took it...

I think living here in NYC the next thing I install in the truck is a canister of nerve gas, with a sign that lights up when they get in the truck that says "sucks to be you"

·
Registered
96 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts