Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get to go to Alaska for a week in July on fishing trip:clap: I cant wait its gonna be a blast.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
You lucky dawg !!!!!!..I`m jealous..

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I'm heading there in three weeks-Saturday, June 16th with my Dad for the week. A Father's Day trip!

We can compare stories about the one(s) that got away.

I'm somewhere along Soldotna, AK

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that Im flying into Ketchikan and after Im not real sure. Im kinda just along for the ride.

·
Registered
800 Posts
sounds like your going to be on the kenai river, BIG FISH!!!!! king salmon average about 30-50 lbs. i hope to be there alot this summer. when your here check out the russian river, combat fishing at its best.... literally 4-500 people 2 ft. from each other during peak "red" salmon runs, but wear your sun glasses at all times. its real common to get caught with other peoples hooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loads of fun when your trying to get that out of your face area. LOL"

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 ft!!!!! YIKES.... I thought going fishing in Alaska meant getting away from everything! And I would rather not have a fish hook in my eye!

·
Registered
800 Posts
rynomx, you will have a frickin blast if you have never been here, and i wouldn't be surprised if you came back every now and then just to fish. there are too many places to name here that you can fish at.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I did a stint in 89 as a boatpuller out of Pederson Point(Naknek) on Kvichak Bay, which is on the north side of the Kenai Penninsula. Combat to us was "corking" ie; laying out as soon as the net before you drifts off the demarcation line. Fish and Game uses a Navy patrol ship to monitor the boats and confiscate nets or worse for going over "the line". The cash buyers have guys on deck armed with M16s. Up there is not the same easy going fishing industry I grew up with on the Columbia River.
The reds start running near the end of June and the big hit is almost always on July 4th. After that, get out because the mosquitos start taking over.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
rynomx785 said:
I get to go to Alaska for a week in July on fishing trip:clap: I cant wait its gonna be a blast.

Sounds like fun. Be sure to take lots of pics so you can share them with us on your return.

My dream hunt is a Dall Sheep hunt in Alaska. Now if I could just find an extra 15K laying around I'd be there.:)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
WOW! Have a fantastic time. It has always been a dream of mine to go to Alaska. Someday....

·
Registered
834 Posts
Kronos1965 said:
Safety sun glasses-check.

Weather this time of year?

We're taking a float plane as well for a day.

Spent a total of 8 years in Alaska (two 4 year tours with ARCO before BP bought them out). Weather in July is iffy as far as rain and overcast skies, but the rain there in more like a southern "drizzle." However, when it is raining it can be very cool so wet-weather gear and light jackets are in order. If the sun shines you can expect temps in the high 60's & 70's and lows in the high 40's and 50's, otherwise when it's overcast or raining 5 to 10 degrees cooler. Have fun and be sure to take a camera as you will see some of the most magnificent scenery you've ever seen!! Good luck and have fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts