Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the RCD kit on a while back and I am now having problems getting it aligned. The dealer I bought it from doesn't seem to know about adjustible cam bolts and the other shop I took it too wanted 300 bucks for alignment, cam bolt kits, and labor. Then they told me they couldn't do it because my tires bulge over the rims too much for the machine to hook up and work. It is a 2007 cc with the off road pkg. It has 1700 miles and the factory wheels with the 285 Long Trails. Can anyone in San Antonio tell me where they had theirs done?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Get the cam bolts either from a dealer(expensive) or a forum sponsor(Not Expesive) and put them in first. This is labor intensive, but not hard. I did mine by myself. Would have been easier with another person. Go to Firestone for the alignment. They can do it and with 20's on as that is what is on mine. They are wanting 69.99 for just an alignment, or 99.95 on sale for a Lifetime Alignment. I just got this truck and it now has 830 miles on it. They will regret ever selling me anything with the words "Lifetime" in it. LOL

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I thought the cam bolts were covered by Nissan in a service bulletin. I noticed my 04 had them but my new 07 doesnt, just a thought.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I believe they are, but they're only covered if they are needed for alignment purposes. You can't just go and ask for them to be installed "just because." But in this case, it should be a freebie.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If its still under warrenty tell them its pulling. Hopefully they will be free since I plan on leveling mine out soon.

·
Registered
837 Posts
BigJ said:
I thought the cam bolts were covered by Nissan in a service bulletin. I noticed my 04 had them but my new 07 doesnt, just a thought.
The '04s did come with them. In '05 they stopped putting them on. There is a TSB that specifies that they have to install them if there is an alignment problem that needs taken care of.

Here is a link to it...http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/2005/NTB05-097.htm

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
BigJ said:
If its still under warrenty tell them its pulling. Hopefully they will be free since I plan on leveling mine out soon.

Make sure you go in BEFORE you install a leveling kit. Otherwise they will tell you to piss up a rope AND be able to get away with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts