Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted this topic before but I wanted see if I can get any new responses. I have a 05 LE Crew 2wd. Ever since the day I pulled the truck of the lot it has always pulled to the right. I have had the dealer check it 3 times and 3 follow up alignments with Auto Zone. Every time my alignment was in spec or slightly out and corrected. But after every alignment it still pulled to the right.

I just noticed there is a TSB for some adjustable cam bolts that need to be installed. Will these adjustable cam bolts allow the truck to be aligned in a different way then the non adjustable bolds and possibly correct my issue?

Besides an alignment could there be other issues causing this? How about a problem with the power steering or possibly something wrong with the frame?

I am taking it back to the dealer and I want to be prepared........

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
TitanTy said:
I have posted this topic before but I wanted see if I can get any new responses. I have a 05 LE Crew 2wd. Ever since the day I pulled the truck of the lot it has always pulled to the right. I have had the dealer check it 3 times and 3 follow up alignments with Auto Zone. Every time my alignment was in spec or slightly out and corrected. But after every alignment it still pulled to the right.

I just noticed there is a TSB for some adjustable cam bolts that need to be installed. Will these adjustable cam bolts allow the truck to be aligned in a different way then the non adjustable bolds and possibly correct my issue?

Besides an alignment could there be other issues causing this? How about a problem with the power steering or possibly something wrong with the frame?

I am taking it back to the dealer and I want to be prepared........
If you don't have eccentric cam bolts in place, Nissan should provide them free of charge. There is a TSB for that. An alignment tech can set the toe angles all day long and it will still pull. It sounds like you need to get the caster corrected. the bolts will do so. Good luck to you.:D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If everything is within spec's they're not going to keep aligning it or switch out the cam bolts so they can adjust it out of spec for you. There must be a problem with your tire. Have you had it rebalanced? Normally when the dealer does an alignment, they can tell you if your frame is bent or not. Sometimes it could be the road your driving on , maybe it's not perfectly balanced. If it pulls to the right alot, you should see signs of improper tire wear. Mine pulls to the right too and I have had the alignment done twice just to be sure it's within spec's and I'm not seeing any tire wear so all is good. Another thing is maybe check tire pressure?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had the tires rotated at least w times. I figured if it was a tire problem it would have fixed the problem od make it pull the other direction. After each rotation the problem still exists. My tire pressre is at spec. I have actually tried a variaton of pressures. It actually helped to run the pressure around 55 psi but then thr trucks really stiff and thats got good for the tires either

1 - 4 of 4 Posts