Nissan Titan Forum banner

Alignment Problem!!!

8K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Takideezy 
#1 ·
hey guys, so I get my titan and I'm all happy...for a while... :rolleyes:

I felt it start pulling to the right on my drive home from the dealership the night I bought it. I bring it in the next day and have them check it out...after 3 or so hours they tell me its a tire pressure problem, and I was like...but that is the first thing I checked and they were fine...anyways I take it and as soon as I pull of the dealership I feel it again...turn around and pull back in...the guy started saying I was exagerating so I asked one of the mechanics to go for a drive with me...they said ok and he did notice the pull to the right...which obviously he hadn't even driven it before (he's the one that supposedly checked it out)

I took it in today, it spent the whole day there and they tell me that its done...I go pick it up and the same thing!! damn, I'm pissed off. 2 days wasted for nothing... :crying:

any of you guys have any alignment problems? any ideas how much it would cost me to take it somewhere else? should any nissan dealer take it in an check it out? they don't have the alignment machine at the dealer and they're supposed to take it somewhere else...I don't think they even took it anywhere.

I love the titan but damn...these service guys give some big BS.

who can I complain about this to?

thanks guys...hope all is well with your titans :cheers:

See less See more
#2 ·
Alekz said:

I felt it start pulling to the right on my drive home from the dealership the night I bought it. I bring it in the next day and have them check it out...after 3 or so hours they tell me its a tire pressure problem, and I was like...but that is the first thing I checked and they were fine...anyways I take it and as soon as I pull of the dealership I feel it again...turn around and pull back in...the guy started saying I was exagerating so I asked one of the mechanics to go for a drive with me...they said ok and he did notice the pull to the right...which obviously he hadn't even driven it before (he's the one that supposedly checked it out)

I took it in today, it spent the whole day there and they tell me that its done...I go pick it up and the same thing!! damn, I'm pissed off. 2 days wasted for nothing... :crying:

any of you guys have any alignment problems? any ideas how much it would cost me to take it somewhere else? should any nissan dealer take it in an check it out? they don't have the alignment machine at the dealer and they're supposed to take it somewhere else...I don't think they even took it anywhere.

My dealer told me the same thing. He said we do not have the alignment spec's yet! They were supose to have them in March, they get them from the makers of the Alignment Machines. He said that this is Nissan's problem though! Because they should have sent the spec's to the Companys that make the Alignment racks. And they have not! It should be so though! As far as your dealer not having a Alignment Mechine, I would take it to another dealer! Or tell that dealer he should have one!!! They sell the trucks! So they should be able to do this work! I would only take it to the dealer for this! If you need a camber adj. They will do the best job of getting the truck to track stright! :)

#5 ·
Alekz said:

Does this help?

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Doghouse said:
The statement that they do not have the alignment values is BS. They have them, it took me 3 days to get an alignment but they have info.
My Dealer said they didn't have the spec's or program for there alignment rack for the Titan's yet. They were supose to get them in March. ? How many different Alignment racks are made and used by all the dealers. Answer... ALOT my dealer said he did not have them yet! Why would he lie? I trust what he told me was the truth! They have 5 Master Tech's working there. I'm sure they would do the work if they could!

#7 ·
Same problem

My wife just dropped off my truck in the parking lot. Had to dealership for slight drift to the right. Dealer said it needed alignment for sure and reportedly took care of the problem. We’ll see how it drives at 5:00 PM. Also the tailgate plastic is coming off...they ordered a new piece.

Takideezy

#8 ·
thanks guys!

thanks for your responses guys...at least I know I'm not the only one who's had problems...honestly I'm not upset about it needing alignment i'm just upset that they made me waste my time.

anyway, I called the dealer today again and he said they had taken it to a sears center to get it aligned, I took it to another place to check and they told me they didn't have the specs yet, I showed them the printout of the specs but they said they needed some sort of program for their racks. I called the Sears center and they told me that they DID have the program for their racks...so I told them the dealer had taken the car to them and tried to get it fixed but without any result and I did not want to waste time cuz the dealer took all day. to my surprise the guy told me to take it directly to him and that he'd do it and take it as under warranty as if the dealer had taken it directly and he should be done with it within 2 hrs depending or how busy he was...I'm going to try to take it in either today or tomorrow...I'll let you guys know how that went. hopefully i'll be feeling a lot better in a couple of days.

take it easy and enjoy your titans... :cheers:

#10 ·
Same problem also. They also said the tires might be low - NOT! After having it serviced it has gotten better, but not perfect. They told me some roads will cause the vehicle to pull depending on the crown of the road.....REALLY?!? Like we don't friggin realize that buddy. I had a 9 year old Tacoma that I could take my hands off the wheel and it would drive dead straight, and yes, on the same roads. I've had 4 Toyotas and have been spoiled by the quality and their willingness to back their products. C'mon Nissan, you've got a killer truck here, you just need to listen to your customers now and own up to the minor problems. I guess this is why I got the 100,000 mile extended warranty.

#12 ·
it is quite common for cars (especially trucks) to get a little off after a break in, mine started pulling way right for a while and after doing a little off roading it actually feels pretty good now, too lazy to take in, waiting for something bigger to happen.

#14 ·
I thinks that if you ask before they do the work...this is a reasonable request. In my case there was no reason to doubt that the work was done. The dealership acknowledged the problem and the vehicle drove markedly better afterwards.

I have my first scheduled service (3400 miles) and have written list that I will be asking to be addressed. I will be telling them that I want a written comment (at least a sentence) on each item. We'll see how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.