Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put new tire on the titan so it is time for a fresh alignment.

Even when I had the OLD tires on the titan I noticed the Camber seemed way too (Top of the wheels farther apart than the bottoms).

Like this \ /

Now I did install the leveling kit shortly after I purchased the titan and I did get a alignment but it never seemed quite right to me...

The place I took it to the first time was not the dealership So I'm thinking that they may not have properly adjusted the camber with the leveling kit? If they didn't adjsut the camber what DID they adjust? Nothing?

I was looking through the TSB about the 05 Titans not coming with Cam Bolts...

So Do I need to have the alignment done by the dealership and mention this TSB? http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2005/NTB05-097.htm

Can I just ask them to give me the Cam Botls and take it someplace cheaper?

·
Super Moderator
159,625 Posts
If you're after that 06/02/05 build date, then it might help you to have them put on. However, you might be able to get it within specs without them. After I did my front spacers, mine were within spec, but just barely. I was getting some feathering though until I did the TSB. You have to have that done withing 12k miles to fall withing the TSB parameters. I don't know if they'd just give them to you, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. To put them on, you have to take apart quite a bit of the front end, so it's labor time, not parts that make it expensive.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Sorry to contradict you Carb, but the cam bolts are very simple to swap out. Hold the frame up with a jackstand. Hold the lower a-arm with a floor jack. Swap the bolts 1 at a time.
I did mine at the same time as my leveling kit and a good thing as camber would not have been in specs.
Justin, some dealers are honoring the tsb with or without leveling kits. Some only without the kits. Some not at all if the truck is within specs.
Hope this helps, Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 12,000k rule is stupid as hell if I say so myself...Whats that have anything to do with missing Cam Bolts! Like I said i had my truck aligned elsewhere for 1/3rd the price it took them a long time and I have a feeling it was never within specs...Probably the best the place could do although I wish they would have mentioned the issue. (This was before the TSB was released).

Then again for all I know I might have the bolts? How do I tell anyone have pictures? Nissan said $100 for the alignment. Damn tires are expensive, $1200 for tires, another 226 to have them installed and another $100 for alignment OUCH!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
what is this 12k nonsense!? im @ 11k and i DO need them. My leveling kit is in and has been aligned but still see some tow in. anyone have the llink?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
My 05 was made on 10/2004 Do I need the Cam Bolts?
No yours should have the cam bolts,only if your truck was built after 6/2/05 are they needed.
Go find a reputable alignment shop,you should be good to go!

·
Registered
203 Posts
They should give or show you the before and after alignment printouts. I have always been shown the printouts.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Look at the lower a-arm bolts. If the heads/nuts are centered in the washers, you do not have cam bolts. If the heads/nuts are offset, then you do have cam bolts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts