Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you guys not wearing out the outside edges of your front tires? I have my Bilsteins on the top setting and its wearing out the outside edges of the tire very quick in comparison to the rear. I took it in for alignment and im pretty much maxed out on my cam bolts (stock ones that come on my 04). Its within alignment specs but still has to much postitive camber...

I need the tires to sit flat so i get even tire wear, how can i do this? Do i need to get PRG cam bolts or what?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
i have the same problem and when i went to get aligned they said they needed to add a camber kit in the front for about 200.00 to get it aligned correctly....so id say your not really "in spec" if you are noticing it wear like that....

·
Premium Member
58,768 Posts
Mine wears normally.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I know there was a TSB on that and if you have an 06 or later then there is no adjustment for it, you have to buy the new bolt setup in the TSB to be able to adjust the camber.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
With my 2" prg spacer, I haven't noticed any uneven wear...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys! Technically it is within the stock specs for the 4x4 Titan, but when you level the truck the upper/lower control arms are at a steeper angle therefore you need more negative camber to compensate for that to get the tire to sit flat...

I guess my other question is im thinking about getting a 6" RCX lift and will put the Bilsteins back at 0 or maybe the first notch. Would i still have this problem or no because the lower control arms are dropped down and made sit at their stock angle, flatter vs angled down.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think the PRG cam bolts allow for about 2* more adjustment than the stock cam bolts. I went with the PRG bolts and I have 2.5" spacers up front. No uneven wear.

·
Registered
267 Posts
After I put my level kit on and took it to get it aligned, it was barley within the spec limits. It bought me enough time to pick up a set of PRG cam bolts and get it aligned correctly.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
How are you guys not wearing out the outside edges of your front tires? I have my Bilsteins on the top setting and its wearing out the outside edges of the tire very quick in comparison to the rear. I took it in for alignment and im pretty much maxed out on my cam bolts (stock ones that come on my 04). Its within alignment specs but still has to much postitive camber...

I need the tires to sit flat so i get even tire wear, how can i do this? Do i need to get PRG cam bolts or what?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
You should have gotten a 2" level. The problem your having is common for a 2.5" kit.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like i need to get the PRG cam bolts then if they offer 2* more adjustment. That will give me more then enough adjustment to get it right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts