Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to all of you that have the rancho lift. have u been having any problems? my drive shaft has been hiting the underside of my truck. the u joints where the drive shaft conects to the shaft coming out of the transfer case has been hiting when my tires slip just a bit. also the shaft comeing out of the transfer case has been pulled out far. you can see in the pics where is was and where it is now. if it wasnt out so far, it wouldnt hit. i have had the transfer case mout replaced and it still does it. any ideas guys?

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'll have to check mine today. I just did a Rancho lift yesterday. The shop was very careful about lining everything back up when they put it together.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
titan_1965 said:
hmmm...I was planning on getting a rancho 4" lift.
don't let a couple problems with it discourage you if that's what you planned on purchasing .... research it first, this may be an issue with the way it was installed

·
Registered
375 Posts
What about the pics of the Transfer case hitting the floor board also??
What did 4whe*lparts say,
You'll need to go with the PRG Traction bars..

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tazstitan said:
What about the pics of the Transfer case hitting the floor board also??
What did 4whe*lparts say,
You'll need to go with the PRG Traction bars..
4wheel said call rancho and rancho said it shouldnt do that. well the pics i sent them says otherwise. i just need the prg kit. this kit pulls the shaft out of the transfer case to far. if it was in just a lil closer there would be room for it to go.

·
Registered
121 Posts
No problems with mine. I had it checked and re-torqued yesterday. No problems or impact marks. I've put it through the paces offroad so it should of hit by now if it was a design problem.

You may want to have Les Schwab take another look at it, or take it to a different Schwab shop to get it checked.

I'll try to get some pictures of my setup tomorrow so you can see if yours was setup the same.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
titan_1965 said:
hmmm...I was planning on getting a rancho 4" lift.
You do know the rancho is NOT really a 4" lift right?

kronos2, try PM'ing john harden. He has the rancho lift and has wheeled the hell out of it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yellomantis said:

kronos2, try PM'ing john harden. He has the rancho lift and has wheeled the hell out of it.
whats his name on here?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yellomantis said:

It's actually about a 4.5" lift. It will measure between 4-5" when it's first installed, but it will be about 4.5" when it's all settled in place. Mine measures in at 62" total height right now with 285/70 18's and a Rancho lift. It's a good thing I didn't do the Fabtech lift. My garage door is only 63.5", and it helps to have a dry place to do services when the weather gets nasty.

·
Registered
121 Posts
onelowmini said:
Does it need a carrier bearing mount
Nope. The 2WD has one though.

·
Registered
558 Posts
no I mean when I got my 7" CST kit it did not come with one but you are suppose to get a different one when installing a lift....some dont know...some know..just seein if whoever installed your lift was aware of that fact.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
kronos2 said:
whats his name on here?
I think it's john_harden, john harden, or johnharden.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts