Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning everyone, first post here. Since having my titan, I have found my way here to get a lot of answers for questions and issues with my truck. This seems to be a pretty good knowledge base. Anyways..

Last night, I installed 4 new speakers in my '08 Crew Cab Pro 4x. I installed two 3 way Sony XS-GT6937A 6x9's in the front, and two 2 way Sony XS-GT1627A 6.5's in the rear. I do not have the RF system, but have the 2 tweeters in the dash and the 2 in the rear doors and the 6 disc changer. I soldered all the connections, and every speaker was checked individually for function before completing the install. After finishing, everything worked great, sounded good. You get the drill.

This morning, I get in my truck to go to work. Crank the truck. Nothing. Radio comes on, CD's play, etc etc. Zero sound from the speakers. No buzzing or anything dead silence. Checked all the fuses. All fuses are good to go.

There are other threads on here concerning this exact topic, that never seemed to reach a conclusion. Does anybody have any idea as to what the deal is? Thank you in advance.

EDIT: So I went and checked the fuse for the radio under the hood. The fuse was good, but I pulled the fuse to check it. I reinstalled the fuse, and turn my truck back on. Low and behold, my speakers work. This makes no sense to me, why they would work after install. Not work after sitting overnight, and then work again, after resetting the radio. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Beats Me *shrugs shoulders* Sounds like it was just a bad contact at the fuse.:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Yeah im not sure if you will ever be able to explain that one.

·
Registered
249 Posts
possible logic/hypothesis...

1. New speakers are more difficult to drive (4 ohm vs factory 2ohm)
2. Some sort of internal protection in radio unit disables outputs to save amplification/drive circuitry
3. Cycling power to radio unit resets the protection/makes it "forget" protection trip.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had a crappy radio do this to me back in the day. Never unplugged the battery and crossed connections to many times and blew the internal amp. Radio would light up switch functions and do everything just fine but no audio. If you can try to swap another head unit in just to see if you can get sound i would. try to rule out Head Unit issues before you start messing with wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts