Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang, my dad and I walked into the dealership today, had an appointment. Got to test drive this sweet Red Crew Cab SE, even placed an order for the Titan I was looking for (they didn't have the one i was looking for on their lot; I am gonna get a Crew LE with Rockford fosgate). We brought my Camaro up there, cause I need to sell it so I can get my Titan, and the friggin sales manager offers me $8000 for it!!??? It's a 1997 black SS, 6 speed, leather, power everything, brand new chrome wheels and brand new tires, perfect condition, and only 63000 miles on it!! I was so ticked off, but I am just gonna have to sell it on my own, then I'll get my truck :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Try taking it to CarMax if you have them in your state. When I got rid of my Tundra they gave me over Private Party Value which is much more than Dealer Trade in value...see www.kbb.com. In fact they were willing to give me almost $3k more than the dealer was willing to give. Very easy and painless process plus they don't care either way if you want to buy a vehicle from them or not.

·
Registered
83 Posts
kbb

That's about the average trade-in value according to Kelly Blue Book. You may be able to get another $500 or so if you negotiate it.

GM cars, not matter what condition, don't hold their value all that well.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Go to KBB, and fully speck out your car. Include everything that it has. Using the "What is my car worth " option. When you get to the end and see the price, select File and save from your browser.

Open this up with frontpage, or MS Word. You then can insert a picture of your car, and remove some of their extra crap. (Keep the KBB symbol)

Print this out and put it in your window. Make sure that at the bottom, you add for the good points not listed, and subtract for the minor sht. The subtractions remove the haggle from most people.

This can be posted in stores, and BX/PX on mil bases. I sold my 95 Hard body, with a torn CV boot and dented front bumper 90Kmi for 5000. I listed it for 5500 after the reductions from the 6325 KBB listing. 3 days was all it took!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I know that Kelly Blue Book value is very low. I priced mine on kbb.com and it was $11,500 roughly. But at NADA, it has a low value of $15000. so, I know what I can get for my car....also considering the fact of how rare the model is I have (you'll have to try VERY hard to find a '97 black 6 speed, ANYWHERE)

·
Registered
473 Posts
NADA is better, use that. I found that the window sticker with a recognized name and the "internet look" realy increased the speed at which it sold!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Dealer offered me 10,800 for my truck, I walked out.. Sold it in Thrifty Nickel for 17,000.

Dealers must make at least couple of K per used car as matter of fact that is where their "real" money is. Just think of the little old Ladies out there that they take advantage of.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know a guy who used to sell new cars at a Lexus dealer. He eventually moved over to used car sales which is what he does for the same Lexus dealer currently and makes considerablly more selling the used cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts