Nissan Titan Forum banner

Almost lost the Titan!!!

2K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Blackbeauty 
#1 ·
I left work early today due to the snow. Driving about 10-15 mph on the airfield road around a curve, my rear just went to the right and I was sliding sideways down the incline. All I saw was the wood poles that are the guard rails for the curve, came inches from hitting them. With my police driving skills I was able to recover without incident:teethmast . Then again on another road, samething, truck slid again, but I was able to recove due to my expert skills:rolleyes:

#3 ·
EP6:11 said:
How did you get sideways at 10 mph? Was it a downhill grade?
He's kinda funny that way!! :rofl:

Incline, is the key word!! LOL

#5 ·
Shall we call you Batman from here on out?

#6 ·

#7 ·
walleeme said:
Shall we call you Batman from here on out?
I think BUTTMAN is more appropriate in his case !!!! :gay: :thumbsup: :rollingsm

#8 ·
How did you get sideways at 10 mph? Was it a downhill grade?
I wasn't trying to make a joke, I guess I read your post too fast; you did say you were on an incline. I'm glad you were o.k.

I got my Titan sideways too. That's me about half way through the video getting sideways. Lots of fun!!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2927618253631343913

#9 ·
ecmeyla said:
I left work early today due to the snow. Driving about 10-15 mph on the airfield road around a curve, my rear just went to the right and I was sliding sideways down the incline. All I saw was the wood poles that are the guard rails for the curve, came inches from hitting them. With my police driving skills I was able to recover without incident:teethmast . Then again on another road, samething, truck slid again, but I was able to recove due to my expert skills:rolleyes:
SC drivers... I just got done doing 40 through 8 inches of snow coming home. Never even put it in 4wd. :)

#11 ·
anmut said:
SC drivers... I just got done doing 40 through 8 inches of snow coming home. Never even put it in 4wd. :)
I own a house in SC, but I was in the Washington DC area (N.VA) which I grew up. I hit ice at the curve. I love driving in the snow, been doing it all my life and never crashed yet.

#12 ·
I wasn't trying to make a joke, I guess I read your post too fast; you did say you were on an incline. I'm glad you were o.k.

I got my Titan sideways too. That's me about half way through the video getting sideways. Lots of fun!!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2927618253631343913
Looks like you all had some fun and there were some great Titans cruising by...

I wanna see hills next time!

#14 ·
yeah man becareful out there on the road

#15 ·
EC, Trying to turn that truck into The Big Red Doorstop? :rofl:

Good thing there's no ice under your wheels when you're flying, huh? That could be trouble! :lol:

#16 ·
Blackbeauty said:
EC, Trying to turn that truck into The Big Red Doorstop? :rofl:

Good thing there's no ice under your wheels when you're flying, huh? That could be trouble! :lol:[/quote

eh, flying in ice is not a very good thing in aviation, your aircraft turns into a rock

#17 ·
Cops should know not to drive "fast for conditions"....

and my driving skills > yours. You take a crown vic, i'll take an impala and meet you at the course. name the time!

heh

#18 ·
gyrate said:
Cops should know not to drive "fast for conditions"....

and my driving skills > yours. You take a crown vic, i'll take an impala and meet you at the course. name the time!

heh
I didnt like the Impala, the ones we had had front end issues, brakes and no power. My 05 Crownvic was nice, but its brakes only lasted 10k. I wasnt even going fast just about 10-15 mph on a downhill coasting. I did my police drivers training at the FBI Academy which was 2 weeks long.

#19 ·
I was just reminicsing (sp) when I slid my 77 Nova on ice, around a right hand turn and uphill 2 car lengths, at nothing more than 10 MPH. It was a spooky, but fun ride. Many many years ago...

Ice scary, snow holds you in place sometimes. imo.

#20 ·
Same thing happened to my wife, light snow on the road, going 10-15 mph in a curve, hit the gas. She looses the back end and over the hill she goes. She side swiped a pine shrub. It was about 6' round and 12' tall. The truck was about 2 inches from the trunk. Went from headlight to taillight, nice new stripes down the side. Insurance said $3000.00 in damage. Was a sad day. Oh yea, everyone was ok, except for my feelings. She hadn't drove the truck forever and the one day she does she tears the whole side out. Could have been worse. I wish she had police like driving skills!!!!

#23 ·
I just got a titan 08 and already put 2000 miles in it. It is a beauty, has a lot of power (first time I own a nissan use to drive GMC). But...... I recently noted that after shifting from "D" to "R" sometimes I get a shake or vibration from the transmission. have anyone had this kind of problems or it is just a normal transmission shifting? I am thinking on going to the dealer but lack of time is keeping from doing it? any help? thx!!!!!!!!

#24 ·
you need to post your post into a thread so all can see it. I never seenanyone here with that problem yet, so start a new thread and someone here can help you

#25 ·
ecmeyla said:
you need to post your post into a thread so all can see it. I never seenanyone here with that problem yet, so start a new thread and someone here can help you
He did post it "into a thread so all can see it". This thread isn't in Premie... ALL can see it! :bang:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.