Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Coming from Ewa Beach, Hawaii. My Fiancé and I will be proud owners of a 2008 Smoke Pro4x by the end of Wednesday. All we need to do is tell our Bank that we've found a car (or truck for this matter) and tell them we're ready to sign. We also own a 2004 G35 MT/6 Coupe so, we were looking for something a little different and looking for something to expand our family into. And of my biggest reasons is that I felt I owed it to myself to get me a Titan. Since the 04 release, I wanted one. Everyone that I knew that own a Titan has been more than satisfied with their experiences. And because, this month on the 26th is my birthday and, I will be turning 30, that gave me more of a reason. Of course I couldnt pass up the deal I got. There was that national rebate thing going on and, that my Father is a Automotive Technician for one of the dealership's sister storefronts.

A little bit about myself, I was born and raised on Oahu, Hawaii and graduated from one of University of Hawaii's Satelite schools - Honolulu Community College with my A.S. in Drafting Technology. I am a Landscape Designer for PBR Hawaii and,I am very confident in saying that we are the best at what we do in Hawaii. It's a pretty cool and laid back job...I get to interact with owners and contractors and help them expand their ideas in graphic representation and in the final product. I also have some small business on the side to help me fund my recreational activities. :D

Well the sad thing about my outdoor activities is that our local race track closed since April 2006. Politics was one of the biggest reason why it closed but, oh well...people made money, and the racing community loses out. I am also a part of one of the founding parties that made the drifting craze popular in the United States called, Drift Session. We used to do crazy things in the G35 and it was fun and when it gets too much fun..you start breaking parts. I also roadraced on a 92 Yamaha TZ250 GP racebike and on an 03 Kawasaki ZX6R. So my life pretty much revolved around racing, and through racing I was able to meet my beautiful fiancé. With that said, I've gone back to simpler things like getting back into MMA. I study Brasillian Jiu Jitsu - Gracie system, Judo, Muay Thai and Arnis...pretty much the foundation of most MMA enthusiasts. I also enjoy fishing and cooking; I love to cook and grill things up. And what more humbling way to cook what you catch.

Sorry for the long intro, but I am excited to be finally the owner of a new Titan. I also see there's a few from the Hawaiian Island chain that frequent these forums.

Ahui hou kakou and Aloha!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice choice of truck!

From the sounds of it, you're going to make the pro4x a street truck? Ka'ena point doesn't sound fun?

Lift that thang!

·
Registered
61 Posts
wassup kili, i live in the aiea area. can wait to see some pics of your truck. especailly cause its smoke, i love that color. lots of information on this site, check out islandtitanz.org if you want something close to home. well see you around the island.

·
Registered
217 Posts
kili said:
Hello all! Coming from Ewa Beach, Hawaii......Sorry for the long intro, but I am excited to be finally the owner of a new Titan. I also see there's a few from the Hawaiian Island chain that frequent these forums.
Ahui hou kakou and Aloha!
Aloha from Kauai...Welcome to the Forum....Be sure to post some pics when you get the chance...:cheers:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Weclome to the club!! :cheers:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome to TT. I am also a racer, but I live on Kauai. I guess you are one of the disappointed ones when it come to the Super Ferry issue. I was looking forward to Oahu racers coming to Kauai.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Don't go to Molokai.
Speed limit is only 45!

Welcome to Titantalk.

Gongrats on the truck.
In my opinion, an outstanding pick for the island area.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I ended up getting the SE 4X2 KC model instead, smoke of course. As much as I would like to go 4x4'ing I would probably get something else I'd like to thrash around. I've already ordered a few Nismo accesories and awaiting the compatability of the Nismo exhaust and CAI and, having them shipped in via dealer (Can't beat the family discount price). I know there's other brands out there, but I'm kind of a purist, especially when it comes to the factory warranty.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hawzit h4

good to see you on here too. My user is kilikopela on hawaiitalks.net. I'll check out that site too.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Welcome to the forum man, good to see more people from the islands here. Sucks they closed Cambell(sp?), I remember there was allot of people who sold thier race cars right after. Garinz they still have outlaws though ah?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts