Nissan Titan Forum banner

alot of problems with my 05 titan

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  giese582003 
#1 ·
I have a list of problems with my 05 titan. The number one problem is the Nissan dealership (SUCKS). I have 45k miles on my titan and the driver side window doesn’t work. My back glass leaks water when it rains or when I wash it. I had a battery that had acid leaking everywhere and it went dead. I have 4 tires that say they are good year but they are terrible. All 4 tires are worn out but I took them to the dealership to get the oil change and tire rotation every time. I have engine tapping noise about 3 seconds at cold start. I have a thump noise when I accelerate from a dead stop sound like its coming from the drive shaft. While driving about 40mph and above trying to brake or slow down the steering wheel shakes violently and the front of the truck shakes also. I am not trying to bash Nissan vehicle because the titan is fun to drive and a lot of power when I need it but there are too many problems with my titan for that crazy HIGH PRICE.

#2 ·
You're complaining to wrong people here, I suggest you sell it or contact Nissan.

#3 · (Edited)
Nice first post! Did all this stuff just break? It sounds like you have a bad battery but for the first 45k everything was pretty good or did this stuff happen over time during the 45k. First, the wheel shaking sounds like rotors which are covered for 36 months, unlimited milage. The clunking from starting falls within your 60k warranty so you ought to be a happy man. If you had a Chebby, you would be fixing it your self.

#4 ·
If your tires are original, you have gone a lot farther than most.
Check your oil, and see if it low.
Your front sounds like you need new brakes, front end alignment, and wheel balance.
Window is a switch or motor, you're on your own with that.

Thump noise could be a variety of things. Do you have utili-trac?

#7 ·
I had to stretch 28K out of my first set of tires...I would consider 45K great. Just wait until your rear end fails.

04 SE KC (56K miles):

1. 3rd set of brakes
2. Front U-Joint
3. Rear End
4. Water leak in Firewall on drivers side
5. Drivers Side power outlet short

I still love my Titan however...

#8 ·
turn your rotors and by some new tires it sounds like you have just warped your rotors and if they are to far gone just replace them its worth it in the long run and if you got 45k out your tires then you did good i got 55k out of my tires on my old truck but it was a tacoma and it had bfg at's and yes i put a brand new set on my titan the day i bought it

#9 ·
man you got 45,000 miles out of your badyears you did real good I got 30,000 out of my Goodyears. Ive had isssues as well ,thats the way it goes in the world of big trucks. They all have issues no matter which truck you choose thats why I bought the extended warranty I don't need to worry about such things. The part about high price I don't get that one you can't beat the Titan as far as price, Go buy a Tundra and be prepared to get reemed. My truck compared to a Tundra is about $10,000 less. Go to the dealer and get your truck fixed or sell it which ever makes you happy.

#10 ·
I have an 04 and am starting to go after Lemon Law. I have 85K miles and so far have had to replace window switches, brakes, ABS sensors, ABS computer, Traction control module, G sensor, Transmission, both drive shafts, transfer case, rear axle, front differential, battery, exhaust headers (x3)-(that caused the startup knocking that sounds like you are hearing), main CPU, radiator twice, trans cooler lines twice, both drive shafts, pulls to the right 3000mi after alignment, dash gage computer and cluster, stereo readout, fan, fan clutch, fuel pump, and a few other things. It's all under my 100k warranty but I'm tired of it. The trans overheats in 4WLow and shuts down never tripping a sensor and on long downhills if I put in 4th for engine breaking, when I put back to 5th it shifts into third. The dealer has been great but it has been in the shop every month I've owned it. Kind of sucks. I haven't seen anyone else with near as many problems as I've had so I will probably go back. I have a loaner brand new Silverado and it's a bigger POS than what I'm dealing with. Good Luck with yours. I'm having fun.

#12 ·
Just curious, did you guys with the problem trucks buy them new or used. If you bought them used it's not really fair to blame the trucks. You have no idea what kind of retard owned the thing before you and what retarded things he may have put it throught while he went about his retard business. Well anyway you get the point. If you don't take care of stuff you are going to pay for it, or the next guy will after you trade. I hope things get better for ya.:cheers:

#13 ·
The thump you are hearing when you accelerate may be caused by the Utility Track. The rubber inserts that go along the floor tracks are a little shorter then the tracks themselves so when you brake they tend to slide towards the cab, leaving 2 to 3 inches between them and the tail gate. So depending on the incline and how fast you accelerate, they can slide back and hit the tail gate. Those little guys played games with my head for months after getting my truck. I thought it was a transmission thing. So take note of that the next time you hear it, maybe you will luck out! Hope everything works out.:cheers:

#14 ·
luvbelly said:
Just curious, did you guys with the problem trucks buy them new or used. If you bought them used it's not really fair to blame the trucks. You have no idea what kind of retard owned the thing before you and what retarded things he may have put it throught while he went about his retard business. Well anyway you get the point. If you don't take care of stuff you are going to pay for it, or the next guy will after you trade. I hope things get better for ya.:cheers:
I purchased mine new Oct 5th 2004. I just traded it in the other day. All warranties were just about up. I figured better get rid of it now, don't know what is going to go next. The next person that gets it should be ok, all that stuff was replaced just a few miles ago. I did get the brakes fixed, rear wire harness, and leak fixed Oct 3rd 2007, because I wasn't sure I was going to trade. All underwarrenty of course. However I don't think the dealer truly fixed the leak, I think they just fed me some bulls**t, you know because consumers are idiots. It was a good truck besides the problems. Besides carwash neglect, I did take care of my truck. However it did get used as a truck. I do live in the Endless Mountains of Northest PA.

#15 ·
RckyMtnTitan said:
The thump you are hearing when you accelerate may be caused by the Utility Track. The rubber inserts that go along the floor tracks are a little shorter then the tracks themselves so when you brake they tend to slide towards the cab, leaving 2 to 3 inches between them and the tail gate. So depending on the incline and how fast you accelerate, they can slide back and hit the tail gate. Those little guys played games with my head for months after getting my truck. I thought it was a transmission thing. So take note of that the next time you hear it, maybe you will luck out! Hope everything works out.:cheers:
i dont know about that i had a thump and brought it to the dealer and they told me they just added some oil to it and it did seem better tell the next day when there was a big leak under it now it is back a the dealer getting a new transfer case put in and cruise control swith.... i have had the truck for one week it is a 05 with 50,000 miles.... hope to have no more problems i love the truck just ****y luck i guess..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.