Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the thread titled:
What HeadUnit has Ipod Video, Nav & Dual Zone????

One suggestion was referring to the Alpine IVA-205.

I'd like to know if anyone has installed this HU in a 2006 CC SE 4WD, factory system with the 6 disc in-dash changer, w/o the Rockford Fosgate Premium package.

According to Crutchfield this unit will not fit-- is Crutchfield's sizing link "Outfit My Car" reliable or does the install merely involve a little more work to get it to fit correctly?

Thanks to all!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Crutchfield is not 100% reliable but its a good guide. They said the MBQuart PCE-216s would not fit in the front doors but they do fine. The problem may be the mounting depth. There is a support bar of some sort behind where the headunit goes. I had a hard time getting my CDA-9857 to fit, I really had to jam it in there. See if someone knows what the mounting depth is and check it against the depth of that unit.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I am looking into the Jensen VM9022, although I don't remember if it had dual zone. Let me check and get back with you. I knwo some will jump right in with both feet on the brand name, but more money spent doesn't always bring happiness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey i'm pickn this unit up tomorrow and will have it installed in about a week i will let u guys know how it went.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
Crutchfield has turned into a personal/home source for electronics. You should not believe anything they state or claim. Crutchfield does not have actual installers on hand and cannot give you a true professional opinion. Their car audio fit guide isn't even 50% accurate. Every head unit I know of will fit in the Titan. The biggest problem you will run into is if the head unit has the rca connections directly in the back of the unit or if the rca connections are on wires. Using rca's with low profile connectors will make the install go more smoothly. If you have questions about your system ask some folks on this forum. Phuck Crutchfield.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P-Dizzle said:
Crutchfield has turned into a personal/home source for electronics. You should not believe anything they state or claim. Crutchfield does not have actual installers on hand and cannot give you a true professional opinion. Their car audio fit guide isn't even 50% accurate. Every head unit I know of will fit in the Titan. The biggest problem you will run into is if the head unit has the rca connections directly in the back of the unit or if the rca connections are on wires. Using rca's with low profile connectors will make the install go more smoothly. If you have questions about your system ask some folks on this forum. Phuck Crutchfield.

Thanks!...

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
Hey P dizzle, aren't there a few units that are slightly too long and stick out a bit because of the brace in the dash? or will the Low profile RCA's solve this problem?

thanks.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
Some double din head units stick out because of the way they were designed and not because of the mounting depth. When using iso din mounting the head unit mounts directly to the dash without a sleeve so you may not be able to use a trim ring. This makes the head unit stick out a bit like on the Eclipse and JVC DD's. Holes can be drilled in the brackets in most cases to set the head unit deeper into the dash but depth may be an issue on some.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
johnjitsu said:
I've read the thread titled:
What HeadUnit has Ipod Video, Nav & Dual Zone????

One suggestion was referring to the Alpine IVA-205.

I'd like to know if anyone has installed this HU in a 2006 CC SE 4WD, factory system with the 6 disc in-dash changer, w/o the Rockford Fosgate Premium package.

According to Crutchfield this unit will not fit-- is Crutchfield's sizing link "Outfit My Car" reliable or does the install merely involve a little more work to get it to fit correctly?

Thanks to all!
I just ordered this unit and I'm having it installed within the next couple of weeks. I'll take pics. but it won't be for a while. I'm getting to many mods and the truck is going from place to place.:D With that said the place that's installing said no problem.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts