Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 LE Titan.

I use to have an alright sized system, just the basic 2 12's, then got bored and sold it.

Well, I just purchased 2 L7 15s, and 2 audiopipe ap15001d amplifiers, along with a box to house both of em, with more feet of 0 gauge wire then I care to admit to buying.

Im waiting on this to all ship. should be here any day, so Im excited.

Well now my truck decides it wants to start acting up.

The other day I was on the phone parked at mcds, with my truck running, and it made the noise , that like, if you were to try to start your truck again while it was already running, it made that noise, twice, about 2 or 3 seconds inbetween. I shut my truck off, but kept my radio one. I just happened to look at my battery meter, and not even with one song, the battery plummeted. I started just in time for it to chug chug chug to life. After that, when I gassed it, I could hear a high pitched whining.

I dont know how loud the whining gets because I have an exhaust, so I can only barely just tap it before the exhaust takes over, but my friends said it was my alternator but not to worry about it, its not a big deal, but Im sorry it is kind of a big deal to me right now.

Well, anyway, I went home, slept, went to school. GEt home, and my mom asks me what I was complaining about, blah blah. With the truck running, I go to roll up my windows, and my battery meter once again just kinda started dropping, it normally hangs out about half way past the half mark on the battery metter, and with in 5 seconds, it dropped below the half way marker. It then stated clicking, it sounded alot like when my truck died and I had to get it jumped, it started doing that, and the lights would dim rapidly, and then the windows wouldnt respond. I turned it off, then turned it back on, and it worked once, then started doing it again.

I went to Autozone today to get it checked and the girl said they were both ok.

I guess, what Im asking, is what could be wrong, and has anyone had this problem before.

Also, what I should do. I plan on getting some audio batteries, probably like 2 sprinter ones. But anyway, if you could just help me out in anyway Id deeply appreciate it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
try doing the big 3. and you should prolly look into upgrading your alt to a h/o alt. seeing that your gonna be running 3k to your system your prolly gonna strain your stock electricals. mech man makes a 270amp alt for the titan chack them out good product and company. eventually your alt and battery is going to give so better safe then sorry i would just get another battery. i mean who wants to be stuck in the middle of nowhere?

·
Super Moderator
162,574 Posts
If that's the OEM battery, you've lasted longer than most. Time to replace the battery, and with that stereo, don't just replace it, upgrade it. After that you might look into an higher output alternator. Iraggi is the only one I'm familiar with. Not to say there aren't others, that's just the only one that I've read about folks putting in their Titans. Admittedly, I don't peruse the audio forums much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.