Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any post that has instructions on how to install an alternator into the titan? I searched forever and googled it but couldnt find any info. I am getting ready to purchase an iraggi alternator and am concerned about them going out. So instead of having a shop keep pulling it and swapping it with the OEM one till the iraggi gets repaired I would rather do it myself. Can this be done using typical hand tools? I looked inside the engine of my titan and I was :huh: man this is nothing like my honda accord.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Alternator is pretty easy to get to. You can access it from under the truck on the passenger side. Much easier than pulling the brake master cylinder to access the alternator on older Honda's.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Are you saying the Irragis are unreliable? Is there another brand (Denso???)that is better?I have no desire to expect a failure. :(

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
I have never had good luck with aftermarket alternators either. NOT saying anything negative about the Irragi, just my experience with others in the past.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have been shopping around. I called Ohiogen and they tell me I have to send them my alternator for them to work on because it is too new (07) and it is not in their system whatever that means. 4alterstart.com where i got my HO alt for my honda told me the same thing and they wanted $400. Never got a response out of excessive amerage so I have to go with Iraggi by default, unless someone has any other ideas. Oh and I have read of reliability issues with Iraggi, but he has a lifetime warranty, but you have to pull it and send it to him. Hence the reason why I want to do it myself and not pay someone to install it 2-3 differnt times.

These are the numbers I got from Iraggi

180 $399
200 $419
220 $439
240 $459
260 $479

1 - 7 of 7 Posts