Nissan Titan Forum banner

Alternator was at 24 volts now lots of problems

943 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NWHathway 
#1 ·
2004 Nissan Titan CC just replaced alternator that was putting out 24 volts. Now radio is dead and my VDC light, Slip Light, and ABS light are on. My High beams are also dead now. The lows were already dead after a mechanic was fiddling with IPDM and the ses light is always on. The airbag light had been blinking but now it just blows fuses and stays solid. I have had this since 2008 and it is a piece of crap I have had every common problem with it, door handles, limp mode, harness breaking over the axle where the tailpipe has broken twice. I think I might be done with this thing. All the lights are one thing but no radio!!!!! You guys have any idea? Should I start with IPDM? Do we have a preferred place to buy these the dealer here in Mass said $433. Thanks for any help you guys can provide. I have spent the day reading and trying various resets and I got the ses light to shut off for like 30 seconds.

#2 ·
Check CourtesyParts.com for OEM parts. They ship quick and the prices are almost always better than the local dealer.

I have no idea how an alternator comes up with 24 volts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.