Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hot off the press. Pricing is announced and ready for sale on May 25th.

http://www.carbuyersnotebook.com/archives/vehicles/nissan/

I am not seeing it up on Edmunds or Nissan's site to build one yet, but am looking forward to this for the wife.

[edit] shoot, maybe not. This car either sits lower than the sedan, has less headroom, or both. Maybe not good for snow season. Dang, I didn't realize the car was going to be that much different than the sedan:

The new Altima Coupe offers smaller dimensions, driver-oriented ****pit and unique styling, giving it a more sporty appearance and driving feel. Altima Coupe has a 4.0 inch shorter wheelbase and overall length is 7.1 inches less than the Altima Sedan. The Coupe also has a 2.5 inch lower profile than the Sedan version. The Altima Coupe and Sedan only share a common hood, with all other major panels, including the grille, headlights and rear combination lights unique to the Altima Coupe.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I keep trying to talk the wifie into getting one of the new Altimas, I think they look really nice. But she won't part with her Xterra.:coolsmile

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I have the feeling that as much as I like this car, it might not work. The sedan has barely enough head room for me as it is, but if the profile of the car is lowered a lot at the roof line, I would have to mount a glass dome sunroof to drive it.

I drove both the 2.5 SL, 3.5 SE and 3.5 SL sedans. Nissan did a nice job with controlling torque steer and handling feels more neutral for a front driver. I like the power and the solid feel of the 3.5L models, but the 2.5L suits this car best from a handling and balance standpoint.

I really wish that the 2.5 liter engine was a bit more refined. Yes, it has good power, but is still a buzzy motor compared to Honda and Toyota 4 cylinders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts