Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today, my family and I went to Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico and it was a 4 hour drive there and back. I was expecting to fill up there for the way home, but I was wrong. We went 350 miles on about 3/4 of a tank (according to the gauge) when i filled up on the way home. I think I could have gotten back without filling at all but i figured better to be safe than sorry. Put gas in and only got 17 gallons in. So yeah, I calculated it and I got 20.1 mpg on a 2wd se cc with bt and 5 people in it. Only thing I can think of is the slower speed limits here. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
yea that sounds right.. a couple of months ago i drove to vegas and about halfway back on one tank.. oh yea, from PHX

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not unheard of, but you're one of the lucky ones! Best I've done is with 3 adults and 2 young kids and luggage driving 70-80 on the interstate and gotten 19 or so. I've gotten 20 before, but not with a load.

·
Registered
805 Posts
wow, thats great.
the thing ive noticed is that when the warning light goes on, theres gotta be at least 4 to 6 gallons of gas left!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
phugoid said:
wow, thats great.
the thing ive noticed is that when the warning light goes on, theres gotta be at least 4 to 6 gallons of gas left!

7 gallons....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts