Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the scosche dash kit but I have a 07 titan XE. I just noticed now after I ordered it that the airbag and emergency light are switched, is there anyway around that?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
bornready said:
I bought the scosche dash kit but I have a 07 titan XE. I just noticed now after I ordered it that the airbag and emergency light are switched, is there anyway around that?
Well if you have the XE you shouldnt need to complete dash kit anyway unless you have the RF package. All you really need is the double din to single din adapter if you have a single din radio you want to use.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the adapter that came with the scosche kit will work fine?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Yes it will, but if you can return the one you have you can probably save some money. All you need is the Nissan double din adapter.

If you want to keep the kit you have that should be fine too. What part number is the kit you bought?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have the 07 XE as well and have the 6 disk changer...and you do need the full kit to do mine....no way to just put the din moduale in there.....I think it just depends on the package...I have the XE but with the prefered equipment.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
OK I should have mentioned that... If you have the 6 disc you will need the adapter. I thought all the XE's only came with the single disc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I have the 6 disc changer =(. so I can't use the scosche kit at all?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
No if you have the 6 disc you need the complete kit....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used the same kit. Its no big deal. The emergency light button and airbag light are not fixed in place behind the dash. You can swap'em easy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OhLook_AChicken said:
I used the same kit. Its no big deal. The emergency light button and airbag light are not fixed in place behind the dash. You can swap'em easy.
thank you so much, feel relieved now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is switching the hazard light and airbag light hard? or should I take it to the shop?

thanks

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
No its easy to do, you can do it yourself....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are they basically just mounted on something when i open up the dash? then I just unmount them then move them? sorry for all the questions, want to know as much as I can because this is my first install on anything.

thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just pop it open and look,if you dont like what you see take it to a shop.but its easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts